PDA

View Full Version : head work

Anonymous
07-05-01, 12:08 AM
1.3 SR engine

remove head... Polish compleatly, polish pistons, polish valves and line to valve seats, match exhaust manifold to head and inlet (so theres no ridge) polish exhaust manifold. Add one courtney high lift cam with followers etc etc. Webber 32/34 carb.

and run it on 100 octane fuel

how many bhp?

100 easy i think.

Anonymous
07-05-01, 02:20 AM
Wont u burn holes in ur pistons with 100 octane?

Anonymous
07-05-01, 10:00 AM
more than likely dicko. i wouldnt polish the inlet track too much as you still want a bit of turbulence to make the burn efficient to get the most out of the other stuff. the courteny high lift cam is probably a 1.4 std cam lol (sorry to all those that think they are gods)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
07-05-01, 07:03 PM
right

ill get diff cam

Anonymous
07-05-01, 08:40 PM
piper cams are the best ive used.

Anonymous
08-05-01, 12:26 AM
courtney high touque cam is a cracker!

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
08-05-01, 08:54 AM
Cambridge me old mucker, dont you think Courtenay would get in just a bit of trouble if they marketed there cam as high TORQUE when really it is std? The cam probably doesnt lift any higher, but just has differences in overlap and duration. I`ll compare the two cams tonight. You should be carefull saying things like that coz they would be well entitled to take leagal action against you. Allways express comments like that as "in my opinion" then they cant touch you.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
08-05-01, 09:42 AM
easy now !

Anonymous
08-05-01, 02:59 PM
Why would 100 octane fuel burn holes in the pistons? Unless you up the compression a silly amount? Why do you want to use 100 octane in the first place?:-/

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
08-05-01, 07:26 PM
mc is you a lawyer? (thats my opinion ;) )

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
08-05-01, 10:35 PM
Forget polish. It doesn't work with these heads. You should be talking of grinding out restrictive areas to improve airflow. When an engine has done a few thousand miles it cokes up which is a coarse uneven mat finish. Plenty of test on dyno's have shown that horsepower is better after coking than before. Go for bigger re-profiled valves and enlarged valve throats instead.

Anonymous
09-05-01, 08:27 AM
Haven`t you ever seen me on Ally McBeal? I mean on the the program not the person!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
09-05-01, 09:31 AM
she would break if a bit of paper got on her!! (in my opinion :) )