PDA

View Full Version : novaload gcse

Dave.
27-11-06, 08:21 PM
i was in ict today and the teacher said we needed a sponser for our business, my business bieng vauxhall nova repair & care i used novaload, heres the final outcome for afew logos
what you all think, all have the nl logo on

and what do you think is best as i need to choose for wednesday and cant make my mind up
cheers
dave

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/nlgcse1.jpg

H15 NVA
27-11-06, 08:29 PM
deffinatly go for the one with bonnet up, gives the impression of "repair and care" more than the others. all good designs but that one really sells it for me. award yourself an A*

draper
27-11-06, 08:30 PM
yeah bottom one is best dave

Dave.
27-11-06, 08:30 PM
lol a* wow thank you very much lol.
yeah i quite like that 1, better get afew more opinions onit aswell.

Iain
27-11-06, 08:31 PM
Change the NL logo on the engine to fit a bit better and the bottom one.

Personally I'd only give you a B-. Sorry. lol

ReeceH
27-11-06, 08:38 PM
some better font wouldnt go a miss like.looks like an ms paint jobbie!

Jack
27-11-06, 08:48 PM
Run the text along the bottom of the picture on the bottom one and it'd look much better.

Oh, and get Kev's permission to use the NL logo :p

Adam
27-11-06, 08:56 PM
Oh, and get Kev's permission to use the NL logo :p
Ditto, he'll see you in court :plollollol

Stuart
27-11-06, 09:03 PM
the court of his bedroom and gimp cage ;)

nova ian
27-11-06, 09:10 PM
Sorry if this sounds a tad harsh, but just speaking from experience. (I have studied graphic design for 4 years and am working as a graphic designer.)

As someone said the one with the bonnet up suggests waht you are trying to get across best, to me the others show some sort of rally company. Also I would be tempted to make the main text a little more interesting or stand out more, as its just text and not really a logo as such. As for picture choices, maybe some choice pics of bodywork preperation, or cleaning or engine servicing. Also make a point of stating novaload is the sponser.

Sorry again, just trying to help a fellow novaloader, and pass on some advice. If you need any advice or anything let me know. Sorry again!

Ian

draper
27-11-06, 09:12 PM
Sorry if this sounds a tad harsh, but just speaking from experience. (I have studied graphic design for 4 years and am working as a graphic designer.)

As someone said the one with the bonnet up suggests waht you are trying to get across best, to me the others show some sort of rally company. Also I would be tempted to make the main text a little more interesting or stand out more, as its just text and not really a logo as such. As for picture choices, maybe some choice pics of bodywork preperation, or cleaning or engine servicing. Also make a point of stating novaload is the sponser.

Sorry again, just trying to help a fellow novaloader, and pass on some advice. If you need any advice or anything let me know. Sorry again!

Ian

thats the kindest put-down ive ever heard lol

nova ian
27-11-06, 09:17 PM
thats the kindest put-down ive ever heard lol

lol Ah man dont, I didnt want to seem like a big head, and wanted to help someone out with something I enjoy doing!! felt really bad being the only person to put a negative reply!

Ian

stuartp
27-11-06, 09:34 PM
^^^^^ I see that as helping. Good on ya ian and keep up with the good work Dave!! A

Dave.
27-11-06, 09:36 PM
which 1 is kev lol

Jack
27-11-06, 09:38 PM
The one with the username of "Kev" funnily enough lol :p

Riggy
27-11-06, 09:38 PM
KEV (http://www.novaload.net/forum/member.php?u=3)

Novadex
27-11-06, 11:09 PM
Bev?

Dave.
27-11-06, 11:15 PM
kev aint been on in ages, does he still come on here?

Ian
27-11-06, 11:18 PM
Change the NL logo on the engine to fit a bit better and the bottom one.

Personally I'd only give you a B-. Sorry. lol
Nope.
D-
Spelling is terrible.

Alex.
28-11-06, 06:57 AM
These are my four logo ideas, they all represent the business. Novaload is my sponser. Following on the next pages are annotated individual logos.

I know I'm not a total English wizz, but just a few pointers.

Don't start each sentence with These.
Use more punctutation then commas.
Something my ICT teacher taught me, if your writing a number that's ten or less, you should always write it...e.g. four, 11. If you get me?
You don't have to take my advice, but I think it sounds better. :p

Although I'm not sure about the middle sentence, although no doubt Jack will come on later and correct me.:p

Bouch
28-11-06, 07:38 AM
i was in ict today and the teacher said we needed a sponser for our business, my business bieng vauxhall nova repair & care i used novaload, heres the final outcome for afew logos
what you all think, all have the nl logo on

and what do you think is best as i need to choose for wednesday and cant make my mind up
cheers
dave

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/nlgcse1.jpg
Where did you get the photo of the purple nov (F369 DKU)?
I'm sure thats the car that broke my rally cherry.lol

Stuart
28-11-06, 08:33 AM
btw... NEVER appolgise for giving positive critisism (spelling)!
if it helps someone out then its a good thing, if its jsut to take the piss then obviously its not so good lol.

when i did some marketing desgin project at school i didnt actually bother to make X number of specific designs. I just knocked up say 5-10 logo ideas, 5-10 main text ideas and 5-10 image layouts so that i could blab on in the write up about which bits were picked etc and how the whole lot could be rebuilt quickly to refresh the company image etc... probably toss but i cant draw etc so i tried to make my life as easy as possible lol

Dave.
28-11-06, 06:01 PM
got that pic fom the interenet on ggoel omitted results

novaco
28-11-06, 07:11 PM
not much but heres my bit..try puting care before repair

sounds better if you ask me..

vauxhall nova care and repair is easier to say then repair and care lol

Jack
28-11-06, 09:58 PM
Although I'm not sure about the middle sentence, although no doubt Jack will come on later and correct me.:p
Commas are punctuation :P

IMO re-word to:
"This page shows four of my design ideas to represent the business - all of which have incorporated the logo of the sponsor, Novaload Online. The following pages show further annotation to the individual designs."

Also, if you're going to split the "Vauxhall Nova Care & Repair" (good idea Novaco) text onto multiple lines, either keep the Vauxhall and Nova words on the same line, put the rest underneath; or put each word on its own line. Sounds too disjointed otherwise.

novaco
29-11-06, 06:47 PM
up there for thinking...down there for dancing!