PDA

View Full Version : Screwed

Jeff16v
27-11-06, 04:55 PM
After leaving my K reg gsi in a bodyshop for 9 months they have now lost interest in the job and have told me to take it away. They have left the shell half seamwelded and haven't even finished preping the drivers side.

I've tried loads of bodyshops in an attempt to get it done elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in SE London that they or friends have used?

The car is currently in Dartford, they described it as a sack of SH*T because they are earning far more money from the insurance game now. When i took the car in they hadn't had any work for 3 months and the rent was two months overdue. They were very happy to take the ?1000.00 i gave them as a deposit.

i would really like to get this C20let running just to show them.

draper
27-11-06, 05:00 PM
that is **** fella !!! surely you can get your money back as they havent done the work they said they would ?? id show them the insurance game, and burn the place down

Matt2107
27-11-06, 05:01 PM
I wouldnt remove it until you've got some money back matey.

dannyb
27-11-06, 05:14 PM
Have you got a reciept for the money you spent? If you have, you can call in trading standards. If you don't, call in the inland revenue.

philly
27-11-06, 05:20 PM
its a **** situation mate.

try and find a receipt, and make sure you keep showing your face everynow and again otherwise they wil skip your shell.... happened to me.

left it with a guy and he ****ed off to a diff garage took my shell and never again have i seen him.

craig green
27-11-06, 05:27 PM
That sucks.

I cant find a decent bodyshop near me. Enough crap ones but they either wouldnt know a faultless job if it was clearly labelled or simply dont want to know, assuming I must be a boy racer.

Look in Yellow pages for classic car restorers or similar...

Jeff16v
27-11-06, 06:16 PM
Trading standards said write a letter giving him 14 days to finish the car, then take it elsewhere and take him to small claims court and try and get him to pay compensation. (it will cost me money to do it) Bloody useless!

No receipt given, but trading standards said even though we have no written contract the nine months is still in breach of trading standards policy. his 9 month re-build is classed as an un-acceptable time frame.

He reckons he has spent 100 hours on it since he took it. lol

I can't paint or weld but even i would have finished it by now.

stuartp
27-11-06, 09:53 PM
Hmmm sticky one this!! No receipt so its gonna be hard to prove any thin!! but still i would be goin mad!!

H15 NVA
27-11-06, 09:59 PM
bloke called Aden runs good one down on spray street in woolwich, hes gonna be spraying my shell once ive welded the bay and insides etc. his bird used to run my barbers. he'll do a good job and dosent charge the earth. are you up for bluewater meet on the 9th? seeing as your local. stuart.

edens-xe
27-11-06, 10:03 PM
that is **** fella !!! surely you can get your money back as they havent done the work they said they would ?? id show them the insurance game, and burn the place down

totally agree on that note. why cant they just do there job properly, then they'd always be busy with work!!!!

ste porter
28-11-06, 01:20 AM
im in the process of setting up a small side line fitting valvas to novas and corsas with 2 other people beeing a welder and fabricator by trade i could seem weld the car for you if you can get it to linclonshire but the spraying i would advise u to take it to the body shop we use for paint hes an oldish guy whos retiered but does our work for us on the side and his quality of work is second to none and if it aint to a mint standard it does not leave his spray booth! hes very reasnable on prices as well if your interested give me a pm

Mike
28-11-06, 05:48 PM
im in the process of setting up a small side line fitting valvas to novas and corsas with 2 other people

sounds like a plan, you may have a PM soon ;)

on topic - Again, id get your solicitor involved along with the advice from trading standards to try an re-coperated (<sp?) some of the money you initially gave to him

Failing that, get your car back and do an insurance job on his premises and TORCH the place :D

Jeff16v
29-11-06, 04:55 PM
Lads, thanks for the advice and help. I wish it was easy to get it all moved to lincolnshire.

He was supposed to decide what he wants to do, ie refund etc and ring me back but he's taking his time.

He getting 14 days and then it going to cost him a lot of money in court, tradng standards will fine him as well and compensation for me.

I'm still waiting to find out whether its scared him into doing some work or not. Watch this space.

EUROTURBO
29-11-06, 05:33 PM
i live in dartford and have a friend who would hapilly do the work for you. sod them messers( stupid no good bodyshops). i know
someone who is cheap and he is an absolute artist and i would recomend him to anyone.

what stupid company are you talking about as i am in the motor trade in dartford lol and i have a lot of contacts.

PM me if you would like any info.

glen, if not....good luck with whatever avenue you persue.

novacabrio
29-11-06, 08:16 PM
The jobs he has done will have a recomnded repair time in a industry reconised book. Often called book time, this is how they all make up times for work on insurance jobs etc, despite the age the car will still be listed, so as they dont just pick a random number, which most do anyway, if you take him to a small claims court he is most likely to settle early and finish the work, or if he loses he will have to pay the cost.

If he agrees to do the repairs supply a disposable camera or 2 to get evidence that he has done a proper job not just bodged it to get rid of you

Adz The Rat
29-11-06, 09:13 PM
That is a real bad deal you have been handed there.
I know a few places that I could trust and recomend but its way too far for ya.
I hope ya get it sorted and maybe get some compo too!!!

Jeff16v
30-11-06, 10:36 AM
i live in dartford and have a friend who would hapilly do the work for you. sod them messers( stupid no good bodyshops). i know
someone who is cheap and he is an absolute artist and i would recomend him to anyone.

what stupid company are you talking about as i am in the motor trade in dartford lol and i have a lot of contacts.

PM me if you would like any info.

glen, if not....good luck with whatever avenue you persue.

Glen, i've sent you a PM.

Jeff16v
30-11-06, 10:37 AM
The jobs he has done will have a recomnded repair time in a industry reconised book. Often called book time, this is how they all make up times for work on insurance jobs etc, despite the age the car will still be listed, so as they dont just pick a random number, which most do anyway, if you take him to a small claims court he is most likely to settle early and finish the work, or if he loses he will have to pay the cost.

If he agrees to do the repairs supply a disposable camera or 2 to get evidence that he has done a proper job not just bodged it to get rid of you

Dude, thanks for the info.