PDA

View Full Version : I've given up alcohol!

Matt2107
27-11-06, 10:50 AM
After a serious weekends drinking I've decided to give up alcohol.

Reasons.

1. Save money
2. Save my liver
3. Save my dignity

I managed to consume 9 cans of strongbow cider and 2 pints of blackthorn within a few hours.

I ended up vomitting substantially... so much so that it was coming out my nose lol.

I've decided now that I can't be ****d to drink as I really only rent the alcohol one way or another, whether its sicking it up or pissing it down the loo.

I apologise to anyone who I sent dodgy txt messages too.
Including BigStan who I called... which i vaguely remember bantering on to him about everyone looking dapper in their fleeces at Cheltenham.

I did manage to cure my hangover with a nice bacon double cheese burger meal from "The King" though.

So for anyone wanting to buy me a drink at Cheltenham for doing such a good job with the fleeces... it'll be soft drinks only. :thumb:

Jack
27-11-06, 10:53 AM
Thats what you get for drinking Strongbow!

Matt2107
27-11-06, 10:57 AM
I'm partial to a nice single malt but I'm jacking it all in.

More money to spend on the car etc.

Dpnova
27-11-06, 11:10 AM
cant drink beer, went out last wed for a quiet one at the pub with work and ended up doing 1/2 a bottle of sothern comfort and some shots =0( i threw up in a train station toilet =0(

Matt2107
27-11-06, 11:15 AM
I do seem to have a talent for throwing up in the right places rather than all down myself.

bump
27-11-06, 11:15 AM
I did three years of the drink, felt loads better for it. I didn't have any more money though, loads more photography gear and tooling instead.

I drink a bit these days but don't go mad on it (occational exemptions though such as graduation).

Matt2107
27-11-06, 11:16 AM
I think I'd rather spend the money I save from drink on some nice strong cheddar.

Dpnova
27-11-06, 11:29 AM
i drink on cheap nights, ?2 double vodka redbull cant argue

dannyb
27-11-06, 12:42 PM
Despite being a student, I don't drink. I don't notice how much money I'm saving if I did drink, but meh, I run a car, always have a bit spare for inevitable breakages etc! The simple reason is that i can't abide by hangovers in the morning as I am nigh on useless the next day with one (imagine man flu times 100!) If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!!

acnova
27-11-06, 12:58 PM
Ah im sorry but ye's are all a bunch of light weights. Wah wah i got sick and im never drinkin again ive been saying that for years. Ye just have to power through and the hangovers get easyier each time. Pint of water before you pass out and you'll be grand. After all your here for a good time not for a long time!

Jack
27-11-06, 01:13 PM
I don't get hangovers :D

craig green
27-11-06, 01:18 PM
Drink the hangovers off with.............. more lager!

easy & works too.

Novadex
27-11-06, 03:05 PM
You think you got it bad... in the eyes of a Dr the amout of alcohal i consume makes me an alcoholic. I dont really drink durin the weekdays but i go crazy every weekend as far back as i can remember... why? becuase im a muppet, and this is my corner!
same as most of my genoration!

Alex.
27-11-06, 04:01 PM
Luckily, as sad as you lot may think I am, I'm a lightweight!!
Good reasons for this are
1) It's less damaging
2) Not as expensive
3) I've sobered up just as everyone else is getting p!ssed, so I can laugh at them, and photograph it :p
I do get hang overs, but usually at 3 in the morning. So I'm alright by 7/8...and just wake with a severe craving for 8/9 bacon sandwhiches!!
Worst hangover I've had was when I drank Malibu, Baileys and Jack Daniels in one night, quite a bit of each....eurgh...
But....Uncle Jack is the only thing I can drink enough of to get me pissed and NOT have a hang over :p

Matt2107
27-11-06, 04:12 PM
Well I'm just not gonna bother with it.

There's always that chance when driving home from a party in the morning that your over the limit.

PLus I can still have a good evening without it.

Matt2107
27-11-06, 04:13 PM
Uncle Jack is the only thing I can drink enough of to get me pissed and NOT have a hang over :p

Is that his pet name? :D

Alex.
27-11-06, 04:19 PM
Numerous jokes have been made about my love for both Jack's! lol

I will give up something too!!!
What should I give up?

draper
27-11-06, 04:24 PM
rehab is for quitters !!

ive never woke up and thought "never again" - i just go back to the stella fridge, whatever makes you bad makes you better

Matt2107
27-11-06, 04:24 PM
Novaload... lol just kidding.

What are your vices?

Alex.
27-11-06, 04:31 PM
Like I'm going to tell you!!! HaHa...
Food wise? Erm...not really a big chocolate fan, I can cope with not eating that again.
Bread!! OH MY GOD!! I Love bread! But I should give it up, as I'm intolerant to wheat. Makes me all sleepy and coughy etc. So I shall give up bread.:D

Jim Mcrae
27-11-06, 04:33 PM
I tried giving up over the summer, but living in woolacombe, with the good weather, god pubs, the beach, loads of hard partying tourists and mates i only lasted a few of days.
Dont you hate it when you wake up and realise just how much you have spent the previous night.

draper
27-11-06, 04:35 PM
sat night me and my missus paid ?13.75 for 2 drinks !!!!!

Matt2107
27-11-06, 04:36 PM
sat night me and my missus paid ?13.75 for 2 drinks !!!!!

Where the bloody hell did you go?

Alex - Bread's a bit lame.

draper
27-11-06, 04:40 PM
it was in nottingham centre, i had a double brandy and coke, she had small cocktail

Novadex
27-11-06, 05:04 PM
rehab is for quitters !!

ive never woke up and thought "never again" - i just go back to the stella fridge, whatever makes you bad makes you better

A-men to that!

Alex.
27-11-06, 05:23 PM
Alex - Bread's a bit lame.

Well what else do you suggest??

Philsutton
27-11-06, 05:40 PM
I gave up drinking about 2 years ago now or near enough and smoking about 2 months ago. Feel better for it though, the money saved though just seems to go else where.
Cant even remember the last time I actually went on a night out be it drinking or not drinking.

Ricky G
27-11-06, 07:34 PM
Well what else do you suggest??
sex. i did 40 days and i nearly exploded in many ways lol its great when u eventualy have it again and im quite proud of myself. especialy as there are a few slags to sy the least in my area and getting it isnt hard atall. so sex is a very good thing to give for a while.

Dan
27-11-06, 07:56 PM
I've been dry now for over 8 yrs. Although mine wasnt by choice :( Was fun at the time as i never got a hang over,fell over or was silly and was always the last to leave. But alchoholism is a git once you have been sucked in and slowly eats away at you

I dont even have a glass of wine with my xmas dinner, the only last remnant of those days is a bottle of whiskey ontop of my fridge, which is from when i gave up as a reminder :D

Alex.
27-11-06, 09:20 PM
I'm not giving up sex for the sheer fact being that I would go mad.

SRlew
27-11-06, 09:23 PM
oooo theres no way i could give up drink lol

i spent all my months wages in about 2 weeks on alcohol! only because i didnt have a car to pay for lol.
i regret it now cause im skint lol and im in debt now because of drink lol

im actually begining to worry about my self! PMSL
and work said 'you seem to have a drink problem as of lately'
that made me laugh any way lol

Jack
27-11-06, 09:28 PM
I can't afford to drink at the moment, I have a Celica to run and a Nova to fix lol

Actually Alex got me a bottle of duty free Smirnoff from France, goes well with John Smiths

draper
27-11-06, 09:28 PM
my mum and dad are always telling me i have a drink problem - ive been hitting it hard this year as ive had no car to pay for !!

i have calmed down alot now tho as ive been blacking out recently, not good !!

"when the bad times outweigh the good its time to stop !!"

srs1
27-11-06, 09:29 PM
well i am so impressed by every one, that i am going down stairs to make a toast to you all.

good on you!

Ben
27-11-06, 09:32 PM
bollocks to that, i love drinking!

rednova
27-11-06, 10:32 PM
i gave up 3 years ago - im sure you know the feeling, go out just havnt got the taste for drink, had one bottle and the rest soft drinks and i was still hanging out of my mates car abusing plod - lol

if you can get into the frame of mind that you'll have a good time - you will

plus I remember all the embarrassing moments and i dont pull munters!!! double bonus!!!:thumb: