PDA

View Full Version : FAO jimbo

Anonymous
02-05-01, 07:46 PM
Jimbo you work in a body shop dont you? Do you do jigging there? If so on a nova can you tell me what can affect the King Pin Inclination angle? Can the hub? As my nova still isnt right, it pulls to the left on acceleration and when you go round a left hand bend the steering wheel will not self center it holds the lock on. Thanks for any help Rick

Fords smoke more than oil refinery's

Anonymous
03-05-01, 03:07 AM
U can ajust the camber by moving ur top mounts out 5-15mm! This should reduce torque steer, not sure about the other though!

Anonymous
03-05-01, 08:25 AM
Rick was it you that twatted a curb a while back? Jack the car up and check around the suspension mounts (especially front tie bar brackets) for bending or cracking, check the crossmember to chassis rail welds and the turret, if you still have problems try replacing the track arm, tie rod, and knuckle. It's my guess the front tie bar bracket or crossmember has bent/moved. Get the tape out and measure each side.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
03-05-01, 06:40 PM
I have measured it and it measures the same either side also the car was jigged and the guy who did it says it is spot on :( it is going back to him to see if he can find anything. i hope he can! otherwise find a gsi time :D
Thanks
Rick

Fords smoke more than oil refinery's