PDA

View Full Version : Sportex Exhausts

Anonymous
02-05-01, 04:28 AM
Are they any good i was lookin at them a minute ago, If they arent then whats by best bet for my 1.2,i'd like a full system rather then just bolting a ackbox on

Anonymous
02-05-01, 09:38 AM
Ashley are ?100 for a full system, deliver good power gains and pop and bang on downshift like a rally car. They are pretty loud though, but if your into that...sorted!!!

www.jondelmotorsport.co.uk

They sell them on here for ?98.95 for the full system ;)

[ged_bong]
Yes Officer...I shot Toya but I didn't rape Phil

WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
02-05-01, 10:01 AM
Ive got a sportex on my 1.2, good power gains and sounds mint:D:D

Anonymous
02-05-01, 10:42 AM
the pop and bang on down shift AINT good. it means the exhaust is leaking air into it so that any unburnt fuel will ignite in the hot exhuast and pop etc.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
02-05-01, 10:45 PM
i've had a sportex twin dtm system of a janspeed manifold for 9 mths. bought it from online.
sounds good, looks kinda like a nova system should and has given me no problems at all

Anonymous
03-05-01, 12:37 AM
spotrex arnt bad but beware there 3" pipes were developed for the mk1 rear bumper, so even though they list them for mk2s they dont really fit (reads as the pipe is a bit 2 short to clear the bumper and it gets hot and dirty)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
03-05-01, 10:02 AM
So Mickey, ur saying that none of their zorts will
clear a mk2 rear bumper??

*B-)*EAT my CHEESE*B-)*

Anonymous
03-05-01, 06:30 PM
ermm no i is saying the single 3" tailpipe listed for all models is about 10mm 2 short to stop the bumper getting dirty.

Micky@novaload.net :)