PDA

View Full Version : Tracking

Anonymous
02-05-01, 12:34 AM
Right

went into ats to get em to swap front left tire over with one in boot on spare and he did a tracking check too... found to be 6mm out...

So got tracking done now and now it pulls to the left, and to hold the steering wheel in centre it wants to be held tight. Also its twitchy now at the front at high speed caus theres a lot more grip there, it also oversteers nicely on roundabouts which scred the fook outta me when the back snaked out

Anonymous
02-05-01, 12:35 AM
so basically what is the problem?

im taking it back to them to tell em the problem, caus its dangerous and shouldnt be doing what it is

Anonymous
02-05-01, 03:45 AM
I had my car fucked up like this once too. I'd had it tracked, but after, it was like you describe.
I took it back, and they re-tracked it, and it was miles out! They set it up right the second time, and did it for free.
They just did something wrong the first time, but as you say, it's dangerous. They shouldn't make these mistakes, but they do!

Anonymous
02-05-01, 09:06 AM
my nova does the pull to the left thing and ive had the trcking done at about 4 places. also my grandmothers one does it too. ive found most cars have a slight pull to the left but the novas one is a tad more than slight. even on a 1.0 nova it will still have torque steer

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
02-05-01, 02:33 PM
right

well ill take it back to them and say what its doing

Anonymous
02-05-01, 11:16 PM
took it there, he said it was alright. so he checked front tire pressures and let some out caus they was high

so now it handles better, but it still pulls to left a bit

he also said how my ball joint rubber bosh thing was going, for steering rod?

Anonymous
03-05-01, 12:52 AM
What size tyres you got on?
When I first got my Cav GSi wheels, they had monster 205/55/15 tyres on, and I did the mental thing of fitting 'em!
It was like a Land Rover with the huge rolling diameter (and yes, they rubbed just slightly :p), and it pulled from side to side like nobodies business...it would follow groves in the road very easily. It's fine though since I fitted 195-45's, but it does occasionally pull a little, to either side. I just put this down to dodgy road surfaces and road camber.

Has the car been crashed? Is the chassis bent? Any play in the steering rack? Just ideas

Anonymous
04-05-01, 12:57 AM
no crash, no bentness

dunno

its not as bad now new tire is wearing in

Anonymous
04-05-01, 03:03 PM
is the cmaber correct? how much u lowered it?

RobDmr@aol.com
xr2 ??? i'd rather walk!

Anonymous
05-05-01, 01:20 AM
he aint got it lowered... says he's getting it lowered 50mm soon tho on just springs I fink