PDA

View Full Version : ARP rod bolts

staggy_gsi
24-11-06, 07:08 PM
right everyone keeps going on about these but what advantage do they actually give you? im currently rebuilding my E16SE and am about to re-fit the pistons, is it worth me buying a set, and if so how much are they??

cheers, adam :thumb:

Lee
24-11-06, 07:14 PM
well it stops the rods divorcing the con rod at a high RPM completely destroying the engine. Id say they were a useful mod lol

Prices vary, shop around!

Adam
24-11-06, 07:14 PM
They stop a conrod making an appearence through your block, as they are harder/stronger than normal rod bolts, so dont stress/stretch.

There about ?50.

Rally Design sell them.

Ash
25-11-06, 12:31 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69920 there you go buddy, btw you dont need to buy the L99 lube - it comes with it! (i did at an extra cost of ?12 inc p&p doh! :wall:)

Ash

staggy_gsi
25-11-06, 03:42 PM
nice one bud. i might sound stupid here but whats the countersinking all about though?? how and why do you do it?

Adam
25-11-06, 04:06 PM
You have to do it.

The caps have to have the hole countersunk slightly, as the ARP bolts have a small radius on the underneath of the head.
If you dont countersink the hole all the stress on the rod/cap goes into the radius on the bolt, instead of the whole bolt itself.