PDA

View Full Version : I think you lot have changed me!!!

BIGS
23-11-06, 08:37 AM
As for some of you might know ive just bought a runaround nova to the other one is done. When i first got into the car seen i wanted a bodykit with the big wheels etc. But now all i want is a clean standerd car with the exception of wheels and exhaust of course. Is the sleeper look coming back or am i just late getting into it?

Matt2107
23-11-06, 09:49 AM
Modded cars are ten a penny now... whereas clean minters are thin on the ground.

Mike
23-11-06, 09:50 AM
Modded cars are ten a penny now... whereas clean minters are thin on the ground.

ditto!!

Stripped out track toy nova's are coming popular now tho lol

Matt2107
23-11-06, 09:53 AM
Good point... people are also realising that kits cost a fair whack of money... that can be better spent on engine/chassis mods.

dannyb
23-11-06, 10:09 AM
And seeing as a lot of owners are in their mid 20s+, they can afford to make the 'difficult' decision between ?400 on a Novadose kit or an XE lump...Im guessing its because we had these cars 7 or 8 years ago as our first cars and we can afford XE insurance now! Certainly in my case, bodykits don't do anything for me, I'd far rather get some sticky tyres or save the money for a future engine upgrade (or repairs!!)

stuartp
23-11-06, 10:10 AM
Track toys:thumb: Clean and near standard on the out side!!!

craig green
23-11-06, 10:27 AM
Novas are classics.

Theres 2 reasons you might own a Nova.

1. You cant afford anything else. So have a basic car as a runaround.

2. You are an enthusiast & value it over current crop of plastic, luke-warm hatches.

Likewise, if you were into fast & furious style modifying, you would lust after other types of car that wear those styling features better.
Its good for the nova scene as it means its only real enthusiasts generally left wanting them now. With the exception of a small minority.

Mike
23-11-06, 10:29 AM
Novas are classics.

Theres only ONE reason you might own a Nova.

1. You cant afford anything else. So have a basic car as a runaround

lol lol lol lol

craig green
23-11-06, 10:34 AM
Whats so funny?

I'm both my reasons.
I'm running a TD in Merit spec (no spec). 13" steels with wheel trims etc & Ive got the GSi, stripped out track beast running a twin cam....

Jack
23-11-06, 10:34 AM
Cheapness is why I got one.

I've done the kitted thing so happy with std looking now... IMO, as well as the reasons above, people are trying to distance themselves from the chav label as well.

wudgey
23-11-06, 11:15 AM
yea track beasts are the best i dont want no ****ty as body kit they just slow you down faster is betr lol

craig green
23-11-06, 11:27 AM
IMO, as well as the reasons above, people are trying to distance themselves from the chav label as well.

Novas will always be the subject of piss taking for some.. Ive had a Nova for over 10 years now & it makes me happy to own one & prove the piss takers wrong.
I may have a so called chav car, but its not chavvy nor driven by one (I hope). So I see myself as being on a crusade to change peoples attitudes towards the Nova.

YOUV'E JUST BEEN NOVATAKEN! & all that!

L14MNP
23-11-06, 12:01 PM
Never been a bodykit fan! Not to mention most don't even follow the lines of the car and are made of easy to break f/g etc - why would ya?!

I can make an exception at times though, some kits are acceptable, but we are talking Supras/Skylines etc - none of this fibreglass ****e...

I have just converted the front of my Nova to MK1 complete with GTE grille, SR bumper (coming at weekend, thanks Rayond) and orange front indicators/fanta bottle tops on the wings, I think it looks mint lol

One of my biggest gripes is people trying to modernise Novas! DONT :thumb:lol

Novadex
23-11-06, 02:54 PM

:eek: mines modded and a "clean minter"! so there! lol
i would never touch a nova that wasnt, ive been there and made my mistake.

Matt2107
23-11-06, 03:12 PM
:eek: mines modded and a "clean minter"! so there! lol
i would never touch a nova that wasnt, ive been there and made my mistake.

lol mines modded too (nearly) and will be a semi minter.

Novadex
23-11-06, 03:40 PM
semi minter.

thats the word i was looking for lol

draper
23-11-06, 05:38 PM
a subtle bodykit works just as well as a GTE/GSi kit IMO

Novadex
23-11-06, 06:49 PM
a subtle bodykit works just as well as a GTE/GSi kit IMO

agreed! Cant stand ott kits, but if kitted correctly itll look god!

BIGS
24-11-06, 01:21 PM
I agree with you. for e.g stu travis old one. Think you all know it, Now that was a lovely motor.

L14MNP
24-11-06, 01:49 PM
I don't know it, any pics?

Never really seen any aftermarket kits that suit the Novas lines imo

Matt2107
24-11-06, 01:50 PM

Magnum kit fits the lines and squared off apperance of a Nova.

Its all personal preference though.

wide_boy
24-11-06, 01:53 PM
:thumb: bigs i like your style son clean standard look all the way:thumb:

L14MNP
24-11-06, 01:55 PM
*STUART MODE*

Lose the 'txt tlk' m'laddo or your stay here shall be short lived lol

L14MNP
24-11-06, 01:57 PM
Magnum kit fits the lines and squared off apperance of a Nova.

Its all personal preference though.
http://www.autotintdesign.com/body%20kits/Vauxhall/Nova/Nova%20Mag%20Late/novmagL.htm
http://www.autotintdesign.com/body%20kits/Vauxhall/Nova/Nova%20Mag%20Late/novmagL.htm

Hmm it thinks it's a baby Beemer judging by the grille!

Me no likey :(

wide_boy
24-11-06, 02:00 PM
*STUART MODE*

Lose the 'txt tlk' m'laddo or your stay here shall be short lived lol

sorry it has been corrected

L14MNP
24-11-06, 02:13 PM
ha ha I was only kidding mate, I have as much power as a Kia Rio! lol

matthew172
24-11-06, 03:51 PM
novas are the new old school cool

BIGS
25-11-06, 01:10 PM

http://www.novaload.net/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=1189

Its a shame he striped it for parts.

BIGS
25-11-06, 01:11 PM
:thumb: bigs i like your style son clean standard look all the way:thumb:

Cheers bud :thumb:

Craig_
25-11-06, 05:57 PM
THAAAAAAAANK THE LORD!!!! For this thread!!!! How many original/standard looking novas do you see???? I saw a mint GSI the other day and nearly fell off my stool when I saw an original, mint white Astra GTE go by work yesterday. My Nova looks like a standard 1.4SR with some nice 1000+ 15'' wheels, a slightly different looking back box and come January nearly 200BHP on throttle bodies etc. Original and clean is the way forward!!! I hate to to use the Blue Oval in such a thread but whenever I see my mates original mint white 3 door cossie, I have to bow down to an Icon.

draper
25-11-06, 06:09 PM
i like the novadosa kit aswell, the back bumper mainly

the magnum kit also looks good but not keen on the side skirts

faker
25-11-06, 11:53 PM
old skool retro is the way foward...im 35 and a little old for boy racer looks. a couple of mint mk1 novas, b reg sr, c reg sport and a b reg gpA rally car , what more can a near middle aged man ask for!

Dave.
25-11-06, 11:58 PM
im 13 and i wanted big alloys big audio bit wheels big exhaust big engine about 3 months ago, now all i want is a sr lookalike, lol it changes quick when your at the age of learning :D

Novadex
26-11-06, 12:53 AM
big alloys big audio bit wheels big exhaust big engine

ive been learning for a few years now and i cant see any problem with any of those?

Dave.
26-11-06, 01:35 AM
thgey make yyour inscurance shoot up, well they do when you tell them your under the age of bieng able to apply for a liscence lol

Novadex
26-11-06, 11:13 AM
they make your insurance shoot up, well they do when you tell them your under the age of bieng able to apply for a licence lol

lol if you sneeze on the phone too them your insurance goes up. Thats life, thats what all the poeople say... :thumb:

nov4801
26-11-06, 11:20 AM
wen i brought my nova it had all ready got a body kit on it only got it as i could not find a standard mint gsi at the time