PDA

View Full Version : oil in exhaust manifold

Anonymous
16-05-01, 05:31 PM
there's oil comin outta my exhaust manifold, has this happened to anyone else? how did you fix it??

Cheers

Mick

Anonymous
16-05-01, 05:48 PM
I would go for it being the valve stem oil seals. Check there aren't external leaks into the manifold and then check your plugs. If they're oily then its head off and change the seals time. If you can get someone knowledgeable to check the bores for you whilst the head is off.

Anonymous
17-05-01, 08:34 AM
is it runny oil or like black soot kinda stuff?

Anonymous
17-05-01, 09:05 AM
Could it be coming out from the head gasket? im not saying you are wrong but this would be more likely.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
17-05-01, 09:31 AM
I thought about the head gasket but then I thought they tend to go between the pots. I spose if it was this it would probably be confined to 1 cyclinder which would make checking it out easier. Whatever, the head needs to come off so the cause will be found anyway. Just make sure the bores are properly checked as well.

Anonymous
17-05-01, 11:28 AM
It could just be condensation mixed with the coke from the exhaust? are you sure it's oil.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
17-05-01, 07:09 PM
it's runny oil! I took the head off today and 2 of the exhaust valves had big holes in em, so i got new valves, oil seals and gaskets. Everything else seems fine....i hope :) Thanks for the info guys!!