PDA

View Full Version : BAD HANDLING

Anonymous
14-05-01, 11:30 PM
Does anyone have any ways of improving the handling of my 1.4sr without stating the obvious like spend ?400 on rubber. The tyres are pretty new Falkens but I'm sick and tired of the back end sliding out on roundabouts etc, I don't even have to be going that fast and you can feel it slide. :(

Cheers

Anonymous
14-05-01, 11:40 PM
Take out the spare wheel from your boot and fill the cavity up with concrete ;) works for me.

Anonymous
15-05-01, 12:03 AM
well there is your problem FALKENS!!! they are far from good. i had a set and i couldnt wait for em to wear out!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
15-05-01, 12:33 AM
take off your rear antiroll bar if u have one? to give the back end sum flex

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
15-05-01, 08:17 AM
Overstear on a nova? Think yourself lucky. If the back is stepping out all the time it could be the front or rear suspension geometry that is causing it. You need a four wheel alignment check, to check camber fr & rr, and tracking fr & rr, and front to rear alignment. But not somewhere like Kwick shit. You may have a bent rear stub axle causing the rears to toe in or out, or even wrong camber?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
15-05-01, 01:44 PM
ew, i might have that prob then, i replaced a rear stub axle and my handling has fucked up since :(

Anonymous
15-05-01, 02:00 PM
have you ckecked your pressures ? i got my tyres done at a tyre place no names metioned cough sts... first of all they ripped me off then they couldn't even put enough air in my tyres. it completely screwed the handling. after i pumped them up a bit it was brilliant. let you rear tyres down a bit, give more grip but wear the tyres quicker.

True, True...

Anonymous
15-05-01, 10:06 PM
You could try uprated shocks. Body roll and sloppy suspension can make break away worse

Anonymous
16-05-01, 08:21 AM
i took my anti rol bar off after fitting it and it made hell of a difference (in a good way)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
16-05-01, 06:21 PM
keep the oversteer,mine oversteers to, and its much more fun then boring understeer.

Anonymous
16-05-01, 07:00 PM
yeah its ok making em over steer when u want to but when your late for work and it goes sideways on roundabout (like it did for me) infront ov police station than u kinda want to sort it out pronto
lol

its impossible to get the green machines back end out in the wet unless you use handbrake and that has no antiroll bars at all

i was told that the rear bars make the axle to stiff and if u take em off then theres more chance ov tyres staying level on tarmac.

sounds reasonable to me what do u all think?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
17-05-01, 01:28 AM
I mite be buying a 1.2 MK1 soon... no SR's down here but wud u reckon I shud bother with anti roll bars if I go down -60mm on brand new aftermarket shox/springs? I am on a budget so if I don't have to spend cash on anti roll bars, I wont :) I want it to corner as well as possible tho really seeing as it won't be very quick. The roads down ere are shit and bumpy if that makes any difference. Ta :D

Anonymous
17-05-01, 09:14 AM
Dave -60 is not that good for handling, especially if the roads are bad,some softer -25 or -30 springs with roll bars would be a beter option, I am thinking of getting rid of my -60 springs because the roads round here are shit.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".