PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever been done??

Markyc
22-11-06, 04:33 PM
Right i can get hold of an irmsher back box like in the piccy below (coming off a vectra) Has anyone ever put one on a nova?? if so piccys?? And what do you reckon would be best grind the tip of n put it on my peco bk box or try and weld play around with trying to put the whole bk box on

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/markyc66/33_1_b.jpg

Cheers Mark

hendrix
22-11-06, 04:36 PM
cant you heat up the pipe that connects to the rest of the system and gently bend it to fit? Dont cut the tip off though!!

Markyc
22-11-06, 04:41 PM
i havn't even got the bk box yet was jst askin bcause i think they look realy smart n didn't no if ne1 else had the same idea as me so you reckon i shud try and put the whole bk box on??

Matt2107
22-11-06, 04:41 PM
I'd imagine you'll need to keep the back box with exhaust tip.
Then do as hendrix says and heat the pipe at the back and try and bend it.

Easiest thing to do would be to pop along to an exhaust fabricator or powerflow and ask them to make it fit.... prepare to hand over the reddies though.

Markyc
22-11-06, 04:46 PM
Easiest thing to do would be to pop along to an exhaust fabricator or powerflow and ask them to make it fit.... prepare to hand over the reddies though.

yer but as im gettin the bk box for free might be worth payin to have it fitted proper won't b as loud as the peco tho will it?? get them to take the baffles out lol lol lol

so i take it this has never been done (or not been put on here) or has bin and looks ****e! lol

H15 NVA
22-11-06, 05:10 PM
dont take baffels out just remove your centre box!

Martin
22-11-06, 05:13 PM
there abit long iirc my mate tryed fittin a Irmy box of a astra coupe lmao way tolong

Markyc
22-11-06, 05:17 PM
dont take baffels out just remove your centre box!

Gotta mk1 exhaust!! no cat no nothing lol lol lol

Markyc
22-11-06, 05:18 PM
there abit long iirc my mate tryed fittin a Irmy box of a astra coupe lmao way tolong

yer well if i was gonna go powerflow etc and pay i'd get it lookin they way i wanted n it wouldn't b 2 long!!

Martin
22-11-06, 05:24 PM
spose dude go for it...

Markyc
22-11-06, 05:30 PM
so is this an sorta untried thing?? some ave tried but failed will i be the first to ova come the longnis ?? lol lol lol

Welsh Dan
22-11-06, 06:03 PM
stick a photoshop request in...

Markyc
22-11-06, 06:07 PM
will do nice one!!

John
22-11-06, 06:07 PM
Hi, i made one for a firend fit by removing the tailpipes, shortening them and then welded them onto a smaller universal back box made to fit a nov. The vectra back box is huge and it won't fit in the space designed for a nov item. The veccie back box isn't that noisy on a standard veccie anyway.
When fitted You couldn't see the silencer box anyway, only the pipes protruding from underneath the mk2 bumper.

Markyc
22-11-06, 07:16 PM
Hi, i made one for a firend fit by removing the tailpipes, shortening them and then welded them onto a smaller universal back box made to fit a nov. The vectra back box is huge and it won't fit in the space designed for a nov item. The veccie back box isn't that noisy on a standard veccie anyway.
When fitted You couldn't see the silencer box anyway, only the pipes protruding from underneath the mk2 bumper.

got any piccys cheers mark