PDA

View Full Version : indocators stopped working

MattNova
22-11-06, 08:25 AM
last night on my way home i noticed that my indicators light on the dash just stayed on whenever i indicated, there was no clicking noise either. so i pulled over, got out, switched them on and nothing. basically none of the indicator lights work.

I thought this might just be a bulb gone, however i my experience when this happens all the lights seem to go a bit crazy, but this time all of the lights function fine (including fog and reverse).

Any ideas?

Cheers Matt

mikey14sr
22-11-06, 09:55 AM
Flasher relay's packed in, try another one.

MattNova
22-11-06, 10:34 AM
how much is a relay and where abouts is it located?

Riggy
22-11-06, 02:24 PM
or its your hazzard light switch if its a mk2

Jim Mcrae
22-11-06, 02:52 PM
flasher unit, one of three boxes on the under side of the dash, towards the drivers side IIRC

MattNova
22-11-06, 04:43 PM
ive changed the relay and no change, so im popping down just nova's after work for a new hazard switch

MattNova
23-11-06, 08:12 AM
sorted, it was just that the relay had fel out. when i went to the scrap yard to get another relay, the bloke said to me "oh, there's one right here on the shelf" so he put it back in and no luck, then he tried the new one and still no locu. so went to just nova's (took ages because of accident on M1) tried a new hazard switch, stil no luck. so paul came out with me and found that the relay had been put back in the wrong place, he put it right and they worked, so all it turned out to be was that it had "wriggled" loose and fel out. saved me a few ? anyway. thanks for the responces guys.
Matt

Jim Mcrae
23-11-06, 08:33 AM
cool! apparently mine went so i got a new one put it in nothinh worked ect, so swaped the boxes around a bit and hey presto! Glad you got it sorted bud