PDA

View Full Version : is this a scam

nova~norm
21-11-06, 05:50 PM
well as use proberly know iam tryin to sell my nova and i got this email to day?

Hello,
I have indicated interest in purchasing your Car that was advertised on the net.As for the shipping I have a well
organise shipping agent that will handle the shipment on my bahalf.Preffered method of payment is by CHECK..., Please I would
want to know if it's still availiable?And if it's still,Send me:
(i)The final/bottom price : ...............
(ii)The miles/kilometre on the scale. ????.................
(iii)The recent picture ....the pictures in the advert are recent
(iv)Why you are selling it ? ???
Let me know if you are interested in selling it,Awaiting your responed soonext.
Have a splendid day.
regard
FELIXBROWN

also check??not the ride spelling (cheque)is it not?

Help

Adz The Rat
21-11-06, 05:53 PM
Yea sounds like a scam to me.
Seen a similar thread on astra-sport and the guy kept replying to him with daft names and pics of like helicopter interiors to see how dumb these people are!!!

nova~norm
21-11-06, 05:59 PM
lol wander if i will get money lol!how can they scam u tho?as i wouldnt b lettin my car go any where till the cash was in my bank?well cheque had cleared

Chris
21-11-06, 06:03 PM
the cheque goes into your bank but they send you more than what the car is worth, subtract the car value from the cheque and they ask for the remainder to go back with the car. Then... just cheque is cancelled afterwards and they still have the cash.

nova~norm
21-11-06, 06:08 PM
but if the cheque has cleared they have no way of canceling it?do they

Rexy
21-11-06, 06:08 PM
Pmsl Normal people ring about the car, have a chat with you then come and have a look and buy it.

So yeah its a scam, Scam them back... Just get the cheque and cash it etc just dont send anything :D

Ste L
21-11-06, 06:10 PM
get the cheque, and cash it at cash converters etc etc lol

draper
21-11-06, 06:11 PM
get the cheque, and cash it at cash converters etc etc lol

brilliant idea !!

nova~norm
21-11-06, 06:14 PM
sounds like a plan ill go email them back lol

emailed back

how about u come c it 4 urself
?2000 cash
pix r new
miles r 67k
buyin a mini
scott

just to c what they say lol

Martin
21-11-06, 06:19 PM
this was done to a mate te guy was from grecce lmao.. got a cheque but it bounced all the way back the grecce lol

nova~norm
21-11-06, 06:25 PM
lol

dannyb
21-11-06, 07:12 PM
When I was selling my BMW I had many like this, the idiot wouldnt take no for an answer so I gave him my address only and sure enough I got a cheque from some irish bank. It looked fake though! I got several from all different email addresses, one was the same guy operating from different Yahoo email addresses, presumably becuase his old ones had been shut down. Ignore them, these people wil come out with many the excuse why they can't phone you and to be fair, you cannot trust someone who is willing to not phone you.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/buying/vehicle_export_scam.jsp

Read this and it will all fall into place...

womble sri
21-11-06, 09:40 PM
wait for it to clear then close your acount. ask for a silly price but actually let them ship the car then your not taking the piss to much

Jack
21-11-06, 10:07 PM
I had some fun with one of these 419 scams when I was selling my hatch

Apparently the guy "had the big horn" for my car lmfao lol

Matt2107
22-11-06, 09:41 AM
Preffered method of payment is by CHECK...

Anyone spelling Cheque like the above is a complete tool and obviously a scammer.

dannyb
22-11-06, 11:42 AM
wait for it to clear then close your acount. ask for a silly price but actually let them ship the car then your not taking the piss to much

You have to take the money out to ship the car though and if you have closed your account, you cannot do this!!
Even if the cheque or draft has cleared, check this out below!!

The bank draft itself may seem genuine but be wary; we?ve had reports of bank drafts being accepted which have watermarks and bank branch stamps on them but are revealed as forgeries after being paid into the bank.

After the money has been sent, the seller hears nothing more from the ?buyer?. Normally, the bank will contact the seller after a few days to tell them that the bankers draft was stolen, forged or that it has bounced so check with your bank how long it will take for a bankers draft to be given value. (Ask the bank if you can withdraw funds safely on the cheque rather than if it''s cleared as there is a difference between a cheque being cleared and funds in the account). . If the bankers draft is forged the money will be stripped from the sellers account, leaving them thousands of pounds out of pocket.