PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump on 1.3

Anonymous
13-05-01, 04:40 AM
I've got on older SR engine in my Antibes that uses the Pierburg 1B1 single choke.
I'm gonna be fitting a Weber 32/34 next week, and just wondered if I need a different fuel pump to feed it, since it's miles bigger, and had too huge barrels?

I've got a pump off of a 1.3 that was fitted with a 2E3, but compared to the pump currenty on, it just looks the same size (though it is a different design).
Is there any difference?

BTW, what do people do when they fit twin carbs? Is the standard pump ok then?

Anonymous
13-05-01, 10:56 AM
webers need less fuel pressure is it?? or more cant remember.
standard 13 pump should be fine i thot, cause 32/34 is just a carb with bigger main jet really.

one more thing u got a web site???

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
13-05-01, 05:14 PM
standerd nova sports were useing standerd fuel pumps on twin 40`s

im using a santed pump on my engine which i just fitted 40`s onto

needs set up badly though

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-05-01, 01:58 PM
Cheers lads...I should be ok then...just waiting for the re-con kit to arrive...it's taken nearly 10 days for the supplier to get one from Weber! Should be tomorrow....hopefully.

I which I'd got the spare cash for twin 40's...weh hey!

13SRBOY.....yes, I've got a web-site. My OLD one, that's a bit out of date, is at...long name.... http://freespace.virginnet.co.uk/rich.dale/NovaMain.htm

I've got a totally new one on the way, about Novas in general. In fact, I may as well tell you about it, then you can see what you think of it so far. I've not transferred all the files across yet, and most of it needs re-writing, but it's at www.novabug.co.uk
There's another version at www.novabug.com but that's on my old virgin freespace, until I alter the web forwarding.

Anonymous
14-05-01, 02:57 PM
yep novabug wos wot i was meaning them brochure piccies r very good. top site :)

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
15-05-01, 12:39 AM
You seen novabug before then? I didn't think I'd advertised it yet? Ni mind hey..cheers for the compliment...I may even get it finished soon :P
The broshure pics don't work on the virgin space link, 'cos I ran out of space for 'em!

Anonymous
15-05-01, 01:17 AM
looks like it's gonna be a good site rich! lotsa history and ickle details a lotta peeps don't know. Nice 1 :)

Anonymous
15-05-01, 01:25 AM
someone said on chat rich. so we all had a look :)

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
16-05-01, 12:02 AM
Mint! I'm gonna have to get it finished now peeps know about it! Ni mind...it's a good excuse to slack off work :D

If anyone's got any old brochures, or magazine pics/articles they could scan and send me, I'd be grateful....you'll get acknowledgement of course ;) It's mainly info for the later models I'm missing.