PDA

View Full Version : Dars car on corsasport...

hagger
20-11-06, 06:25 PM
topic about dars nova beating a skyline on corsasport.....just thought id let you lot have a browse!!

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=322565&page=1

:)

Philsutton
20-11-06, 06:42 PM
ther are all homos on there, or most of them

Lee
20-11-06, 06:42 PM
lol, i love threads like that. People rekoning dars car cost him the purchase price of an R33! And then everyone else says the guy in the skyline cant drive?

People still cant seem to grasp power to weight ratio's. Bless them!

Philsutton
20-11-06, 06:47 PM
Same here its pissed me off more reading their retarded comments. My corsa owes me about 4-5k if that. I dont skylines for 5k doing 1/4 miles in the 12s nor do i even see any on the track as for 5k they would be bent in half.

Ste L
20-11-06, 06:47 PM
ther are all homos on there, or most of them

oi im on there :p

Philsutton
20-11-06, 06:48 PM
I know hence why i changed it to most lol

Lynsey
20-11-06, 06:49 PM
THEY ARE ALL BENDERS!!

(Cept a few, sorry!!)lol

Lee
20-11-06, 06:53 PM
I know what id rather be in on track anyway. Weve gone past loads of supposedly quick machinery and heard all the excuses under the sun, they will never stop, and people will always think Novas are sh1t and not worth spending good money on!

Show me something that goes as quick for the money and ill change my mind. Until then, i agree with Lynz lol

Jack
20-11-06, 06:58 PM
Dar was saying about threads like this on the way oop North on saturday. Half the people just don't have a clue, all they've seen is a video clip of a Nova handing a Skyline its own backside, and make assumptions about both cars and drivers. As said on the thread, and from my own experience; having a car that people expect to be fast isn't as fun as having a car that people think is sh*t, until it runs circles round them lol

Might just go see what comments my thread on CCUK has made about the new saloon... lol

Philsutton
20-11-06, 07:00 PM
Anyway heres mine scaring a evo. The guy knew how to drive fast in the twistys but still held him off until i kept getting black flagged lol

http://www.i2idonington.fotopic.net/p35776582.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/retard.jpg

draper
20-11-06, 07:00 PM
threads like that are the reason why i like novas so much lol

dhdev (Oli)
20-11-06, 07:34 PM
Anyway heres mine scaring a evo. The guy knew how to drive fast in the twistys but still held him off until i kept getting black flagged lol

Please tell me you're not one of those annoying trackday warriors that insists on boosting it down the straights and to hold off the car behind that can clearly post a faster lap time :(

draper
20-11-06, 07:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/philsutton/retard.jpg

how random lol

Philsutton
20-11-06, 07:41 PM
Not really as i had to come straight off the track each time anyway, but if the other car is clearly faster then yes i let them past if thats what you mean.

Dan
20-11-06, 08:12 PM
lmfao at that thread, usual comments blah blah, the vid of me and him would soon shut them up when viewed as seen lol .

Its great exposure for dar and will certainly give the cars already well earned following a few more :thumb:

bieransri
20-11-06, 08:22 PM
any one have this vid file, would like to save it

Dar
20-11-06, 08:29 PM
lol Great!!
If anyone can post on that thread. Chuck up these links. It will piss them off even more:thumb:

This is from the forum that that the Skyline owner posts on. Notice how the thread ends when its pointed out whos car it is Clicky (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/53497-r33-track-video.html?highlight=Nova)

This is the post by the owner of the Skyline saying how fast it is. Clicky (http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/47478-shes-back.html)
The part to point out is :- We have 557bhp and 410lbs ft at the wheels to play with.

When these idiots say that the Skyline was not modifyed I think they are doing the owner a dis-service. Its a fecking rapid car and its a road car. My Nova is a dedicated sprint car. Plus I know Castle Combe quite well ;)

Dar
20-11-06, 08:36 PM
Oh that got better towards the end:D

I find it really intresting that this video of all the vids I have causes the most upset.

any one have this vid file, would like to save it
Nova vs Skyline (http://www.daxtek.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Nova%20vs%20Skyline.wmv) <- Right click, save as

Lynsey
20-11-06, 08:44 PM
As you already know Dar, i love your vids lol

Dar
20-11-06, 10:03 PM
Thanks Lynzhttp://forum.annas-playground.info/skins/TerminalFrost/emoticons/shy.gif

Mike.
20-11-06, 10:26 PM
great stuff :thumb:

niceone dar

dhdev (Oli)
20-11-06, 10:32 PM
I've informed them of the necesary facts and links Dar. :thumb:

Dar
21-11-06, 09:18 AM
Thanks Oli:thumb:
That got them going againlol

I love this argument though

the skyline will 100% be FASTER. The nova will, i'm sure, not be faster round a track on std suspension.

lol

Take the std nova 1.0 and spend your 2500
Take the std R33 GTR and spend 2500.

Mazz
21-11-06, 09:29 AM
Nice driving Dar :)

dhdev (Oli)
21-11-06, 09:29 AM
they don't know when to shut up and just a applaud a guy for what is a mighty achievement. I mean its quite obvious to anyone with a brain that a japanese 'supercar', designed to be fast with millions of pounds of development outperforms an 80's shopping car. The whole point is that a guy in his garage has managed to turn the 80's shopping car into something that outperforms the so-called supercar on a circuit. (negating the obvious driver skill advantage :p )
:thumb:

Jack
21-11-06, 09:40 AM
Take the std nova 1.0 and spend your 2500
Take the std R33 GTR and spend 2500.
I like how they fail to mention of that ?2500 you could include the price of the Nova... yet ?2500 wouldn't even buy one quarter of a GTR33 lol

tbh ?2500 on a GTR33 would get you some mediocre suspension and a CAI/filter/exhaust/manifold, maybe a mild or second hand turbo upgrade if you skimped on the suspension... that'd be the money spent. I know how expensive performance Jap parts are!!

Matt2107
21-11-06, 10:07 AM
What a load of tosh.

Dar
21-11-06, 10:09 AM
Thanks Mazz.

Oli,
Indeed they should just have said fair play. Thats what the Skyline driver saidlol He could drive the car quite well unlike the Noble driver who was painfully slow through the bends. People really do under estimate how good a Nova can be. They don't when it comes to 205 Mi16's which is the same type of thing.

If driven properly a Noble is faster around Combe than my car at the moment(Shock!). From the Dick Mayo Sprint at Combe a Noble M12 GTO3 posted a time of 69.07 with a 64ft time of 2.30 seconds. I managed a 71.37 with a 64ft time of 2.46 seconds. We are comparing a 3L Turbo to a 2L NA though.

Looking at the up to 1.8L Modifyed class which contains no Nova's I rekcon you(Oli) should enter your car. 1st place and the track record for that class is a 74.60 set by a Honda CRX. I don't know how fast your car is around Combe but I reckon you would be faster than that.

Just noticed that I also beat about 90% of the Prosche's at the sprint as well. Including a GT3 RS:eek:

But you cannot compare cars alone. Many, many factors are involved such as driver ability, track knowlage, the track, the weather & tyres to name but a few.

Mike
21-11-06, 10:36 AM
well, ive just read the whole of that thread on corsa sport, and that JK dude obvoisly cant accept the fact that a nova beat a skyline (becuase he owns one!)

He definetly fails to see the proven theory of power to weight!

Tbh, he must be the "big man" but cant accept the fact that his ?8k skyline is, in comparision, slower than a nova around a track :thumb:

slammed saloon
21-11-06, 02:04 PM
well done dar, and is it me or is that skyline smoking rather badly when changing gear in that vid?? :confused:
BG :thumb:

General Baxter
21-11-06, 02:24 PM
your forgetting one thing tho,

you lot have power going to the wrong wheels, simple as! lol ;)

Jack
21-11-06, 10:26 PM
you lot have power going to the wrong wheels, simple as! lol ;)
Can't beat power in all corners :D lol

xe Dan
07-03-09, 09:17 AM
this is why i love novas because every one gets so upset when they get beaten by one love it

mayhem
07-03-09, 12:48 PM
is it really so hard for them to say ;sweet going nova and quality driving??

the all assume loads of stuff about the sky and the nova.. there are links to dar's speclist, look at the vid, look at the specs... quality nova with a guy behind the wheel who knows how to properly drive the track.

all that BS about how much the sky costs, and what would the nova have costs, and what would have been spent on them...

face it... for the money you buy a sky for, you can buy and build a nova that kicks sky ass.

Dar
07-03-09, 01:52 PM
The quality of the video is terrible! Sack the camera man!

Sloth
07-03-09, 02:09 PM
wtf did this come from? 2006? exellent drivin btw mr dar!

stevie-p
07-03-09, 02:16 PM
lol people just cant admit there socks have been rocked

Nova_Tek
07-03-09, 02:25 PM
this is why i love novas because every one gets so upset when they get beaten by one love it

Seconded mate :thumb: Was chattin to a mate who is getting a brand new Scirroco 2.0 turbo. Kept going on about how I should get rid of the Nova, (only coz he knows its going big block power soon lol )

Go Dar, it's your Birthday! Nice driving, way to pass that Skyline, on his tail non stop ;) , chap in the passenger seat seemed well happy :D

Why can't people give credit when it's due? Loosers :roll:

burgo
07-03-09, 02:37 PM
has anyone read this lol apparently you only passed him cos his tyres went off

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/53417-pug.html

Sloth
07-03-09, 02:40 PM
what a load of horse bollox! i hate skyline owners for this reason. having obliterated a std one in a mates redtop corsa b, he insisted he had no boost....... foolish as with the hood up i revved it and a nice waaaaaahhhhhh-tish erupted.......

Gashgusher
07-03-09, 02:54 PM
quality video that, i was nearly as happy as the passenger was lol

go on dar!

p.s. them corsa ppl all seem to be losers

edit: look how far away he was from it right at beginning of the vid! haha love it

Ash
07-03-09, 03:05 PM
anyone else notice the thread is 2 years old :wtf:

Sloth
07-03-09, 03:09 PM
yep see my previous post...

Jack
07-03-09, 03:47 PM
anyone else notice the thread is 2 years old :wtf:
Yes. Breach of rules, thread locked and bumper given a sin bin.

Dar
07-03-09, 09:37 PM
Yes. Breach of rules, thread locked and bumper given a sin bin.
Nooooooooooooooo!

It's a good thread. I think you should be leanent in this case. No sin bin!:D

hagger
07-03-09, 09:53 PM
my thread has been dug up from the past lol!

dj_wudgey
07-03-09, 10:10 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!

It's a good thread. I think you should be leanent in this case. No sin bin!:D

id have though you'd have liked this thread dude lol

Pistol Pete
07-03-09, 10:13 PM
Are sin bins 7 days on here for such an offence?

Jack
07-03-09, 10:37 PM
Depends which moderator/admin does the banning lol