PDA

View Full Version : Octane boosters

Anonymous
09-05-01, 10:43 PM
Are they worth the money? Anyone swear by them and why?

Anonymous
09-05-01, 10:55 PM
Nah, get a proper mod like a cam!!!!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 09:19 AM
I think you should find out what CP has b4 you tell him to get a cam! lmao. Octane boosters are supposed to help resist detonation so that timing and mixture can be adjusted further to get peak performance. I think from what I`ve heard they work, but its an expensive pain in the arse to keep adding it to your fuel. You can buy 100 Octane fuel and higher which is a better solution, but thats pretty expensive too.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
10-05-01, 09:46 AM
Don't you already do that CP? :-/

---------------------------------------
\\// //~\\ ((_)) >><< ||-|| //~\\ ||_ ||_

||\\|| (()) \\// //~\\

SR ;)
----------------------------------------

Founder of the PBG (Perfomance Blaggers Group)

Anonymous
10-05-01, 11:37 AM
hahahah dickos answer to everything get a shrick cam! lmao
ps you got one dicko?

cp any chance of some details of your car and a spec? interested (well nosy) now, if you dont want it on here mail it to ian@novaload.net

1 cup down 2 to go!

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:05 PM
I have used some of this, and well.. its hard to say, i could swear it starts from cold better, and is smoother with more torque, but u cant really tell

so am i supposed to ADVANCE the timeing when i use this stuff with std 95 octane unleaded?

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:32 PM
It's Ok if your in too drag racing with big compression ratios etc but it's not really practical on the road.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
10-05-01, 01:43 PM
Higher Octane does NOT give much more power, it is an aid to allow you to tune your car further without fear of detonation. It is a waste on an ordinary car, and to use it properly you would need to have your car set up for it and use the fuel all of the time. The only real benefit is for imported Jap cars as they are meant to run on a higher octane than is available in the U.K.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
10-05-01, 09:24 PM
That's what I had heard b4 but I recently read a bit in a mag which suggested bunging it in any old car and hey presto off u go with extra power.
Ian,
Sorry for not posting a pic and tech spec on the site but I aint got a digi camera and I'm waitin (forever) on a m8 to lend me his. He had my last lot of pics nicked when his Griffith was broken into:(
Was a 1.4 SR but has a 1.6 GSI in now
Twin 40's, Blydenstein B+ head, Piper Fast road cam, PiperX panel filter on home made induction box, Std Zorst manifold, jetex system, std gearbox but quick shift linkage, 16" Mille Miglias, lowered 60mm (don't know spring make) G max front uprated and shortened shockers, bodged control arm knuckle joints:D. poly bushes on front, homemade front turret brace... er cant think of much else ... oh yes and colour coded GTE front and rear bumpers. In the process of stripping out for that race look:)

Anonymous
11-05-01, 08:25 AM
Was the mag that was talking bollocks "Lax Power" by any chance!

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
11-05-01, 01:04 PM
CP. i'll take some photos for you when i next see ya :D my middle name is digital camera LOL

---------------------------------------
\\// //~\\ ((_)) >><< ||-|| //~\\ ||_ ||_

||\\|| (()) \\// //~\\

SR ;)
----------------------------------------

Founder of the PBG (Perfomance Blaggers Group)

Anonymous
12-05-01, 01:20 AM
Goin back to octane boosters, my m8 found a load of info through a search engine about tolumine (I think thats how you spell it). This is the stuff that the octane booster is made from. Aparently they used to run F1 cars on it and it can be bout for less than the the price of fuel from the pump. It should add a good few horses onto power figures aswell.

Hopefully I should be trying some soon.

Anonymous
12-05-01, 01:26 AM
sorry,

TOLUENE
(octane rating of 114!)

Anonymous
13-05-01, 10:07 AM
F1 cars now run on highly filterd super unleaded. nowt much added unless your are a cheating scoundrel

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-05-01, 07:17 PM
older v8 & v6 engines run better on octane booster, but i doubt that affects anyone here!!!