PDA

View Full Version : 22 Spline GTE shafts

hendrix
20-11-06, 03:01 PM
Right this is a really dumb question and I should probably already know the answer but how do you check that your nova shafts are really 22 spline?? Is it just a case of counting the number of splines on the gearbox end or is there something more scientific?? Its just that I thought the 22 spline shafts came on the Nova GTE/GSi and TD only and I found some that had 22 splines on the gearbox end off a 1.2i merit and so it confused me a bit!
Cheers:thumb:

Ste L
20-11-06, 03:09 PM
yea just count the splines, not the one's on the cv though, as i have known people who have done that...

just whip the cv off the gearbox side, and count them, nice and easy lol

Adam
20-11-06, 03:10 PM
On the inner cv end of the driveshaft.

You might be lucky and find some lower spec novas with them too, just depends which shafts GM chucked on,Lol.

hendrix
20-11-06, 03:37 PM
yea just count the splines, not the one's on the cv though, as i have known people who have done that...

just whip the cv off the gearbox side, and count them, nice and easy lol
Under the rubber jobbie then?
Is it possible then for the shaft to have 22 splines on the gearbox bit that you see, then under then under the inner cv boot there are 28 splines?

Cheers lads

Philsutton
20-11-06, 06:01 PM
There is a very easy way to tell if they are 22 spline without taking the cv's off.

Stoo
20-11-06, 06:12 PM
There is a very easy way to tell if they are 22 spline without taking the cv's off.
Which is??

Philsutton
20-11-06, 06:22 PM
get a pair of GTE shafts and a pair of crappy normaly ones next to each other. You soon see the difference. Its all in the CV design itself.

Adam
20-11-06, 06:27 PM
Its all in the CV design itself.
:thumb:

Ben
20-11-06, 06:45 PM
Yup put them in a pile, easy to spot.