PDA

View Full Version : Fitting window surrounds and back window

Lucky Luke!
20-11-06, 11:34 AM
Right i should be getting a set of window surrounds, any advice on how to fit them? and also how easy is it to replace a rear window?

JSeymour
20-11-06, 01:47 PM
the window surrounds are easy to fit as there held in by the window, you need two people to put the windows in and some string or speaker wire.

Jack
20-11-06, 02:28 PM
Have a butchers in the Haynes manual, its one of the few processes in there thats not too hard to follow. As said, the frames are held in by the window, but you might want to use a little trim tape on the far corner of the rears to hold them flat if they're not quite straight.

not sure about removing the rear window as I've never tried it... although I have a feeling its not so easy to remove and refit...?

Lynsey
20-11-06, 03:48 PM
the window surrounds are easy to fit as there held in by the window, you need two people to put the windows in and some string or speaker wire.

Yeh and lots of soapy water helps too, a bit of lubrication!! :thumb: :p

mikey14sr
21-11-06, 07:53 PM
Rear screens aren't to bad to remove and refit, at least not on a saloon. Just follow the same procedure as for the side windows, but go steady with the pressure as with the glass being larger it's easier to apply to much and break it.