PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak

Olli2004
19-11-06, 10:52 PM
Only had my nova a few weeks and I'm just working on it at the mo so it's not on the road.

Twice I've been to it and the drivers footwell has been filled with water! It has been parked on a slant so I moved it to park it on the flat today and the water all poured out from the back of the drivers side wheel arch?

There is no aerial in the front wing and it is not patched up though. I've checked the rubber bungs near the battery.

Please help!!

SRlew
19-11-06, 10:55 PM
have you got any rust in the battery tray? thats were mine was coming through, check round there, maybe seam seal if it looks a bit dodgey

ad4m
19-11-06, 10:56 PM
hi check all the seals around doors,boot ,sunroof if u have one even window seals

Olli2004
19-11-06, 11:24 PM
Cheers for the info, will check the battery tray and all the seals.

It's buggin me that it only happens while parked on a slope?

Any other suggestions anyone?

dannyb
20-11-06, 09:46 AM
Leaves blocking up the bit where water is supposed to drain through? My mate wondered why his Rovers drivers footwell kept flooding, it was only when he realsied he was parking the drivers side under a tree one autumn.... Run a length of flexible wire down it with a lump of something soft on the end (dried mastic we used)

DIY*VALVER84
20-11-06, 12:15 PM
simple solution to this one lads...just drill a hole in the driverside footwell...lol true pikey.