PDA

View Full Version : C448 Glg

staggy_gsi
18-11-06, 07:25 PM
a lad i know has just bought what is thought to be a genuine nova sport. it was bought from someone in preston a while ago and along the bottom of the number plates it says "JENNI". just want to know if anyone knows the car or anything about its history. its been resprayed a kind of goldy colour and fitted with a GTE kit + interior.

any help is much appreciated chaps!!

staggy_gsi
25-11-12, 09:39 PM
Was talking to a mate about this car again the other day and realised i never got a response to this thread lol.

I would still like to know if this was a genuine sport or not, any sport heads out there shed any light on it? Hasnt been taxed/sorn'd since '05 so its probs dead but it would be nice to know...

sport
25-11-12, 10:33 PM
Only real way would be to check the chassis number with Andrew Duerdan at Vauxhall.

Novasport
25-11-12, 10:46 PM
Chassis number for it VSX000093F417**** is in the correct range for a Sport but it is showing the colour as bronze. Is there a colour change status on a HPi check? If not, it is probably not a Sport. Also check the painted plate with digits stamped in it next to the VIN plate on the slam panel, a Sport should have the numbers T5C stamped on it like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/CIMG0396a-1.jpg

staggy_gsi
27-11-12, 11:23 PM
I havent seen the car since '06 so i cant check these things lol
Its just something thats always bugged me cos the lad told everyone it was genuine but im not convinced. Just wondered if the reg was on a register somewhere for sports or something!
If it is/was a sport, someone must have been hated by any sport enthusiasts for taking away nearly everything which made it a sport lol

Novasport
28-11-12, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately the late 90's and early 00's probably killed off more of the Sports than people realise. I am sure there were a few out there with lovely fibreglass kits fitted :(

sport
28-11-12, 08:16 PM
I seem to remember seeing a burgandy and citrine yellow Sports for sale back in the day.

_Jake
28-11-12, 08:57 PM
DVLA check doesnt recognise the reg...

staggy_gsi
29-11-12, 07:22 PM
I did a dvla check the other day and it did lol