PDA

View Full Version : BRAKES

Anonymous
11-05-01, 03:23 PM
after refitting the whole rear axle,cos it seemed easier than removing most of my rusted bits n replacing em,and cos it was cheaper,I got a rear axle from a k-reg from the breakers,fitted it,n bled the back brakes,now the brakes are pants an make it undriveable,I tried(tried,not sure if it worked) bleeding the front brakes,then decided to road test it,by thrashing down the street n back,I found that the brakes are still the same and now pull to the drivers side,and my SR speedo dont work,the mileometer part that is,I have had the needle off,is there a special way to refit?-what could be wrong with my brakes?-fitting gte parts are out of the question until the nearly new michelin 13" tyres on the wanky 13" wheels are bald,can someone shed some light on either of these problems?-Im hoping to put the car on the road for mid june

Anonymous
12-05-01, 01:39 AM
The rear brakes on later models are different, so maybe that's effected things?
Just guessing...take a look in the Haynes and see what the differences are.
I'd bleed the brakes again, and they can sometimes need doing a couple of times at least before all the air is out....worth a try.

BTW...remember that the brakes are in two systems, diagonally opposite...so the off-side front is linked with the near-side rear and visa versa, so you should bleed the same bit at the same time...do the front one, then the linked rear, rather than doing both fronts, than both rears...it may not make a difference...just try it.