PDA

View Full Version : Coasting Air Valve 1.6gsi

ste_eck
17-11-06, 04:44 PM
Has anyone got a working coasting air valve for sale for a 1.6gsi (others probably the same). Must be north west area I'm close to Warrington.

Cheers

Ste

Stoo
17-11-06, 04:56 PM
i have a GSi lump lying about, ****ed bottom end, can pull the CAV off if you want it?

Im coming up north in a few weeks too, to preston!!
Can bring that Exhaust and skirts too!!! ;)

ste_eck
17-11-06, 05:13 PM
Cheers Stu, problem is I need the CAV pretty quick. Reason is my lad last week got fed up with his Nova stalling, due I hope to the CAV. So he's blagged a few grand of his nan and is now the owner of a T reg 1.4 Focus. So I'm putting the gsi on ebay tomorrow on a 7 day listing so I have a week to get it running sweet before it sells! Unfortunately m8 this also means he won't be needing the exhaust or the skirts! He will no doubt lose a bomb on the nova he's laid out around 2 grand on it and I reckon he'll be more than lucky to get half of it back.

Stoo
17-11-06, 05:14 PM
whats up with the GSi and hgow much does he want for it?? any pics of it?

ste_eck
17-11-06, 09:11 PM
Ok Stu, here's the story;

My lad bought the gsi last year before he'd passed his test. his m8 owned it and my lad wanted it coz it was fast and it sure is! So I went and had a look at it, the guy who owned it took a good kicking in Wigan 1 night, they also kicked in the Nova. All windows where put through, bonnet dinted, both wings, boths doors, both back quarters and the hatch lid. It was a mess. When I went to look at it all the dings where still in the body but all the glass had been replaced. The kid wanted ?800 for it, or so my son told me at 1st. I told my lad it was not worth the money, the lad kept bleating on about 'how fast it was and that he wanted it '. I told him no and what kid listens to their parents! Day after, my lad came home, said he's paid for it and it was ?900 not ?800! I was truly gutted, but the deed was done and it was his money.

So a m8 of mine knocked out the dents, got 2 doors and bonnet from the scrappy and filled it smooth, this set me back ?600. I put a sparco front brace on at ?30, new front pads at around ?15 (can't remember), changed the oil, plugs and oil filter, cleaned the K&N then sent it through MOT. It failed on the back end arches and boot corroded (usual places!), so I coughed another ?150 for the welding and ?40 for MOT. I then bought a Hawk remote alarm for ?80 off ebay, a Hawk central locking kit ?20 (4 door so I could do pop realease on the boot, as it had already been smoothed off). I used a Fiesta boot pop switch (?3 ebay again) mounted next to the back windscreen demister (looks quite good too!). It had a GTE interior with holes cut out of the doors for speakers and the drivers seat was done in (1 lug for the back tilt had snapped off), so I bought a GSI interior from ebay (yet again!) at another ?100. About 2 months back the gearbox F***ed up when he dropped it to 2nd going over a speedbump so I got another gsi 1 from another member of this site for ?50 (had done 82k miles). The car came with a set of 15" OZ alloys on (at ?700) but one of the fronts had been real badly kerbed and possibly could be repaired I'm not sure but I still have all four, but the rubber needs changing, they will be sold on with the car though. So I bought a set of 15" alloys (without rubber) of an Astra from a m8 for ?50, and used a couple of the OZ tires and a couple of remoulds for back (spent enough!). Put them on the car and the offest was wrong, the backs rubbed so I ebayed them and got ?60 (?40 loss!). So I ended up buying a set of standard 14" steel rims with tires on for a ?10 of a m8 of my lads.

The engine runs sweet enough except for this cutting out when coasting problem (this will be fixed if a member sells me a valve), the starter motor could do with replacing as it only engages for a couple of turns then spins out. The car was originally a 1.2 Flair and converted to a 1.6gsi, including brakes, its also been lowered. Its still a 1.2 for tax and insurance purposes (I removed the 1.6i Injection red writing from the top of the rocker cover for good measure). I have the log book for the 1.6gsi engine which will go with the car. The digital dash says its done 148k but my lad says that the car has had a couple of engines in it while his m8 had it, so I've not a clue what the real mileage is (except gearbox which was confirmed at 82k from another member of this forum). I've been told it has 2.0l injectors fitted and has been chipped, but I can't confirm these bits myself, its just what the lads m8 told him, but I've drove it and it is fast, leaves my 2.5 v6 cougar for dead off the mark.

The drivers door could do with a new 1, its rotted underneath so the bottom back of the door now don't look flush with the bodywork as its drifted out with lack of support from underneath. It was respayed a shade of Vauxhall blue, I can't remember the shade but my m8 who sprayed it will know. There are a couple of rust spots on the roof gutters now, the back bumpers had a couple of scrapes and needs repainting. And it needs the tracking done as its obvioulsy not been done since the OZ alloy got damaged. I told the lad to get it done, but who ever listens to their dad FFS! Apart from the above, the car in my honest opinion is sound.

As I said the lad now has a Focus, he blagged most of the cash for it from his nan, except I had to 'lend him' (what a joke) ?190 toward the purchase and an extra ?832 for the Focus insurance. So he owes me ?1,032 and I want to try and recover what I can off this from the sale of the Nova. So its ebay time. Overall though the lad and more importantly me has lost alot of cash on this Nova, not even counting the hours I've spent refitting everything.

There is no ICE included in the car except I will leave in the pair of 10cm Sony components I've fitted within the dash (only a few weeks back) and will leave in a couple of 6 x 9's on the parcel shelf, but these have seen better days.

So I'm open to serious offers, I will email as many pics as anyone requests and I will also be putting it on ebay tomorrow as they have a 0 cost listing fee for motors over the weekend.

ste_eck
21-11-06, 08:32 PM
BUMP!

Anyone got a coasting air valve of a 1.6i engine, I'm in urgent need cash waiting!

Cheers

Ste