PDA

View Full Version : What should i hook her up with?

puss puss
16-11-06, 07:49 PM
hey,

i love harriet (my car) what mods do you think i should do :confused: to her.

i mean i dont want huge body kits massive wheels led washer jets etc...

I just want some cheap neat mods i cant pick up for quids that look mint as i am a college boy atm.

I just went and brought some 10cm speakers for the dash. (waitin for week end to fit them in, to dark when i get home lol)

And i got bored so i started to debadge it, btw how the hell do i get the glue off??

Made a stuiped mistake and slapped myself for it. used a sharp metal scarper to scrape the glue away, afterwards? bye bye glue how ever scatch marks :(

So so far i only have the glue of the nova side, but still glue in the shape of vauxhall on the other side, and someone give me a step 2 step guide?

Also can i colour code the bumpers? :)

How does people mount there mdfs boards as well little confussled at that :P

So yeah anyone got any pointers i really need to get my camera working.

Its dark red (burgendy) j reg mark 2 1 litre Her name is Harriet :D

Thanks for any pointers...

Lee
16-11-06, 08:02 PM
Start trawling ebay for GSi bumpers and sideskirts, also look for a 40 to 60mm lowering kit (get the shocks and springs, your shockers will probably die if you fit just springs)
Find some cheap vaux 15's (softstars/ Cavvy GSi etc)
Get the new bumpers colour coded and it will look 10 times better just for doing that! You may have to spend a little bit of cash, but bargains are out there! Dont waste your money on silly little things as they just make the car look sh1te and advertises the fact you want to mod your car but cant afford to!

AS for the badge residue, my personal favorite is a fudge wheel, tenner from any good auto body shop, just goes on the end of a drill and whips off gluey stuff with no effort. There are lots of elbow grese methods out there too though, like tar remover. A going over the whole tailgate with some Tcut afterwards should lose the different colour paint where the badge was.

And DONT go near Harriet with a metal scraper again OK!!! lol

Jack
16-11-06, 08:07 PM
Try a bit of meths or white spirit and a soft cloth to remove the residue glue. Don't go overboard though as you'll damage the paint; then, as BT said, a quick cut and polish.

If you want cheap but subtle styling, stick to parts from other Vauxhalls. Astra Mk4 side repeaters are a personal favourite of mine (chop the tangs off and stick on with trim tape); Euro style rear cluster to make twin fog or twin reverse; GTE/GSi styling bits - interior trim, dials, metal window surrounds.

As for mounting MDF boards, do you mean as a replacement parcel shelf? Just add some small dowel in the same places as the original shelf has its supports.

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:10 PM
yea i dont think i will carry my scraper again lol!

yea my nova came with no pacel shelf... need a mdf one as my amp is goin there o.0 got a bit of a mental plan for dat basicly amp sittin on 1 mdf board.. and another board covering that with a perpsex window :)

Jack
16-11-06, 08:12 PM
You might want to replace the std plastic side bits with MDF as well then, as I wouldn't bet the plastic would be strong enough to hold all that...

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:16 PM
k so took them plastic bits out then how would i mount the mdf to the metal? =S

Stoo
16-11-06, 08:16 PM
Hook Her Up Wit Twin Bottles of Nozzzzz

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:17 PM
also (sorry for double posting) but do you think 2x 120mm computer fans (1 drawin air in, 1 drawin air out) would be enough to call that down i heard they got warm sometimes :D better save then sorry :)

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:18 PM
ye stu i could jus convert the engine to run on nos o.0.... then i woke up..

Jack
16-11-06, 08:21 PM
Screws, bolts, brackets, whatever fits. You'll probably need to use a bit of imagination there as you build it. Fans wouldn't be a bad idea either if the amp is enclosed, bear in mind they may make a bit of noise and you'll need a power supply for them.

Sod having NOZZZZ, just put the stickers on your car, then you'l have 500bhp lol

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:26 PM
yea i was big time into moddin pcs before i came onto novas so i got some good fans they so good u can barely hear them how the hell would i hook them up with power though lol, i suppose i would need a convertor or something?

Lee
16-11-06, 08:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/Xzibit.jpg

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:34 PM
lol where do you find that stuff o.0 must be bored lol

Philsutton
16-11-06, 08:53 PM
im a dab hand at fitting nitrous to small engines

puss puss
16-11-06, 08:57 PM
Say No to NOS! lol... :D

L14MNP
16-11-06, 11:29 PM
Hey Puss Puss, I got some spare GTE/GSI skirts you can have for 20 notes mate. Fit Harriet up a treat :D

puss puss
17-11-06, 11:30 AM
ahhhh ill save up n pm u :P

benny f gsi,n it
17-11-06, 12:23 PM
here we go, i know how to hook her up sick boy!!!! hoock her up 2 a pick up truck and make a b line to wipstreet, lol jokes boy

puss puss
17-11-06, 12:25 PM
lol welcome to my thread ben :D

vallanc3
17-11-06, 12:55 PM
yea i was big time into moddin pcs before i came onto novas
how do you mod a computer?bodykit.alloys?

L14MNP
17-11-06, 03:41 PM

Neons! LED's, water cooling, fans, clear cases etc lol:thumb:

vallanc3
17-11-06, 04:39 PM
17in amir kahn's?

puss puss
17-11-06, 05:39 PM

Bigger processor custom fans custom body window etc some blue leds etc...

and nah not goin to 17s way to big for a 1 litre!

vallanc3
17-11-06, 05:41 PM
nah not goin to 17s way to big for a 1 litre!

try explaining that to gaskell

coochiSR
17-11-06, 05:45 PM
I agree with BT, GSI kit but DONT COLOUR CODE THE BUMPERS, grey plastic looks so much better. But just keep the modding down cos you'll make her heavier and then she be even SLOWER! lol

try explaining that to gaskell
Thats just plain impossible and if we dont then we can feel good about our cars by looking at his:D
Dan

puss puss
17-11-06, 05:57 PM
ahhh right welll we shall see when the time comes :D

ANDYRACER
17-11-06, 06:38 PM
Personally if it was my car id get:

a set of 3 spoke nova sr/gsi rims-20-30quid
60mm lowering springs-40quid
3" backbox-30quid
and polish and t-cut the car, and also back to black the bumpers quite a bit.

Then little touches like side repeaters, rear clusters etc :thumb:

Nobby
17-11-06, 07:19 PM
what he said :thumb:

puss puss
17-11-06, 07:24 PM
yea am goin for like a standard look really no bodykits but am thinking about getting a gsi kit :D

vallanc3
17-11-06, 07:26 PM
less is more..gsi kit is the best look you could go. or euro?

puss puss
17-11-06, 07:32 PM
looks like its gonna be a gsi kit then :D

need to start working hard and saving them pennys up :)

vallanc3
17-11-06, 07:49 PM
not that expensive.just look in the for sale section might find some bargins

puss puss
17-11-06, 07:55 PM
kool kool. thanks for the help mate will be keeping my eyes open need to start saving some pennys and sell my moped lol!
Shopping list so far.

1. Gsi Kit
2. 15" cavvy gsi wheels.
3. sub n amp
4. (christmas) my headunit come on mommy buy me that one! :D
5. Custom Pacel shelf (gonna be a big project that is)

And some other subtile things.

Well today i fitted my 10cm speaker on the nearside shelf under the glove box took me 2 hours to cut it lol! Mind you i have never done something like this before wantted to make sure i got it right and i dont have the tools i wantted like i have in my college garage grrr :P

Prehaps i will have a go at it again on monday workin over the week end :D

vallanc3
17-11-06, 07:58 PM
nice to hear your cracking on with it..the vibe sub and amp package(black air?) are good.used to have one was well more than what i expected

puss puss
17-11-06, 08:00 PM
Yeah i think it should be a good project that i have never done before and if i really get the car messed up i can just take it to my college, got a total vauxhall nutter there he will fix it for me if i screw anything up :)

Lee
17-11-06, 08:00 PM
I agree with BT, GSI kit but DONT COLOUR CODE THE BUMPERS, grey plastic looks so much better.
Dan

Agreed if they are new, but were talking second hand stuff here, paint will be the best way of freshening them up :thumb:

puss puss
17-11-06, 08:07 PM
or prehaps if they was black i could put back to black on there? but i like colour coded bumpers, i have seen a couple around :D