PDA

View Full Version : anybody fitted PAS to a nova?

philly
16-11-06, 07:41 PM
has anyone done it?

i remember reading in a mag a few years back that someone did use a saxo setup or something and put it into a nova.

any gen?

Stuart
16-11-06, 07:44 PM
lots, search

Ben
16-11-06, 08:38 PM
Thats the way people used to do it, now much easier to use the electric setup from a Corsa C as no extra pipework etc and just goes straight onto standard rack.

Other way is a Corsa PAS rack with shortened arms and a Saxo pump and pipework.

Nova_Tek
17-11-06, 08:01 PM
Thats the way people used to do it, now much easier to use the electric setup from a Corsa C as no extra pipework etc and just goes straight onto standard rack.

Is that on a standard Corsa C rack or Nova rack? If its that simple then mite go for it in the future :thumb:

H15 NVA
17-11-06, 08:20 PM
yeah id like to know bout the electric corsa c rack as i parralell park a lot and only got a tiny steering wheel

Bouch
17-11-06, 08:24 PM
Is that on a standard Corsa C rack or Nova rack? If its that simple then mite go for it in the future :thumb:

Fitting a Corsa C rack is not a 5 minuite job.
Just fitted one to my Mk1 Nova and it has been a right barsteward to fit.:tard:
And it still isn't finished.:cry:
Apparently the Corsa B racks are easier to fit, but i've never fitted one so wouldn't know.

Nova_Tek
17-11-06, 08:46 PM
Yeh fully understand that its gonna be a tough job to do but im talking in terms of what is needed.

I take it, its the Corsa C rack and electric setup.

Christ
17-11-06, 09:17 PM
Isn't PAS for girls? lol

puss puss
17-11-06, 09:29 PM
ahhh u drive a nova just go gym n build up ya arm muscles :P

craig green
17-11-06, 10:07 PM
It isnt a rack from the Corsa C (or late B) but an electrically assisted column. This is used with your std or even better, a regular quik rack. Issues when fitting to a Nova are; the brackets behind the dash need to be welded on/moved. The motor on the column itself will be occupying the space where the fuse box is. The computer module to control it needs a speed signal & also needs to be modded to work out of the donor vehicle.

The other option & the method Ive used is the hydraulic rack from a early Corsa B GSi. Easiest to fit up with a Saxo or similar 12v wet pump. Thankfully my rack is a rare, ex rally 2.2 turns lock to lock I beleive. Not plumbed in yet but all mounted up in situ.

Ben
19-11-06, 11:55 AM
I still prefer the elcetric column setup, much cleaner and easier to install imo.

Nova_Tek
19-11-06, 04:35 PM
Yeh after reading info from Craig's post the electric option sounds like a tidy job especially if it still uses the Nova rack.

May have to consider :thumb: