PDA

View Full Version : Satans Spawn ----- RUST !!!!!

Anonymous
09-05-01, 05:09 PM
I cut my rear arches about 8 months ago and sealed them with some rubber sealant shit. It obviously didn't work, because I have got a line of rust along both of my rear arches. Its only surface rust but its on the face of the arch and comes about 1/4 - 1/2 of an inch up the face of the arch. It looks really crap, as the car is white it shows up like a bitch!
How can I do to get rid of it, and stop it coming back ?????

Which W4nker made nova's with a 49 offset !!!!!

Anonymous
09-05-01, 07:06 PM
angle grind all of the lip off, and a bit up, rust treat in middle bit, and then fibreglass new stuff on, and fill in with p38 or weld new plate on and fill line smooth with p38

simple

but its not

Anonymous
09-05-01, 10:57 PM
My arch lips were rusted to fuck so I ground them almost entirely away. OK so I have removed some structural stength but lets face it, an oldish car with bad rust in this area has lost a lot of its strength anyway. Someone I know who has worked in a Vaux body shop for years says it aint that important. I removed all traces of rust and then rust proofed with Trustan, primered it, filled as necessary and then re-sprayed it plus the inside of the arches as well. After this I removed the trim around the arch inside the car and made sure I squirted plenty of clean oil so that it soaked into the whole area. A film of grease on the inside of the wheel arch lip every few weeks helps as well.
Oil is better than anything else as it soaks along seams and any rust areas whereas wax oil just sets where it is sprayed and it is very difficult to get it in all areas.