PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage

MyNovaSr
16-11-06, 04:39 PM
Last thing thats annoying me lol. The linkage is tight up against the rack and ive flipped over the plastic bit but there is still not enough room. it looks like the engine needs to be about another inch forward.

I'm using a 2L 8v front right mount, standard rear and standard front left...

Is there any other mod you need to do other that lower the drivers side mount an inch and a half? really bugging me now so if anyone else as done a 1.8 you help would be appreciated..

:thumb:

Adam
16-11-06, 06:03 PM
Have you fitting a proper conversion mount kit?
With the rear spacer?

MyNovaSr
17-11-06, 12:45 PM
no. We just used the standard 1.3 mount and adapted it to fit for the rear mount.

What does the uprated mount change about how the engine sits and where can I get one from?

Last thing how does it space the mount, which way etc.

thanks.

loggyboy
17-11-06, 01:37 PM
10mm spacer (from valvers.com and other such peeps - chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk etc) looks like this.
http://www.loggyboy.com/images/nilly/Phase1/17RearGBoxMount640.jpg

MyNovaSr
17-11-06, 04:25 PM
The linkage is different on mine. What is that linkage off? The final arm with the plastic crap on is longer on my linkage too. It was a 1.3, would the 1.3 linkage be my problem or would the 10mm spacer solve my problems..?

Thanks.

MyNovaSr
17-11-06, 07:40 PM
where does the third, top bolt go?

Adam
17-11-06, 07:42 PM
The two go into the gearbox.

The third bolts the mount into the rubber mount itself.

MyNovaSr
18-11-06, 12:49 PM
yo know on the spacer bracket, you have the two bottom bolts? Then you have the third at the top in the middle. Where does that bolt to?

Would it be possible to bend the linage a bit to get it to work?

Adam
18-11-06, 03:44 PM
The third bolts through the rubber mount on the floor of the car, underneath.
The one with a nut on the other end.