PDA

View Full Version : conversion kit

nova1.0
16-11-06, 01:17 AM
hi all im thinking off droping a 2.0l xe in a nova does any one now a good place thats fairly cheap for the conversion kits been looking on net and can only find them for obout 500 notes and im sure i can get them cheaper than that

any help would be great thanks

Adam
16-11-06, 01:20 AM
Chris Astley motorsport

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk/

nova1.0
16-11-06, 01:24 PM
thnks a lot mate looks good any one no of any more

Stuart
16-11-06, 01:26 PM
stop text typing.

Jack
16-11-06, 01:44 PM
Chris Astley motorsport

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk/
Are the chassis plating kit and competition engine mounts worth putting on a std-power XE'd Nova, or would that be overkill (assuming using his mount kit)?

Chris Astley
17-11-06, 09:09 AM
I would consider the plating kit a must and not an option with a 2.0 nova, the competition mounts are great for what they do but do generate more noise and feeling through the shell!

Im sure people who actually use them will give you some relavent feedback about having the mounts fitted and the pro's and con's

Chris

General Baxter
17-11-06, 02:52 PM
obout

canada? lol

Karl M
17-11-06, 11:00 PM
I spoke to Chris Astley and he recomened i just get new standard mounts the gearbox lowering bracket and the anti-roll bar bracket chassis kit and front strut plates i think its approx ?100 all in all not bad really...

Stuart
18-11-06, 08:52 AM
I would consider the plating kit a must and not an option with a 2.0 nova,

im sure you would......

lol

Austin_Nova16
18-11-06, 12:01 PM
I have never plated a nova.
Always stiched them up and never ever had any problems at all on road/track etc.
People have only really started to use them on road cars recently, and imho they really arn't worth it for a road/track car...only adding on the weight..

Get a drivers side mount off of a big block 1.6 mk2 astra or similar at the scrappy, and lower the bracket on the car by 1.5". (gives a bit more room aswell).

Then just make or buy some spacers for the rear g/box mount.

Chris Astley
18-11-06, 04:52 PM
im sure you would......

lol

The advice i give is not profit orientated like some people would believe:roll:

But is based on personal experience on what i consider to be the best option!:thumb:

Chris

Lee
18-11-06, 05:38 PM
I wouldnt say you need a plating kit on a road/track car, as long as you make sure the bay is stiched up properly, definately on a rally car or a high powered LET where the stresses are higher though.

Solid mounts could possibly be the best thing you buy for the car IMO

Stoo
18-11-06, 05:42 PM

Hear hear!

John
18-11-06, 08:26 PM

Not for your teeth though.............lol