PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Switch Again!

Donova
15-11-06, 11:59 PM
F**king hazard switches, another one gone today, managed to fix it enough to get to work but one of the contacts inside has snapped off, anybody got one for sale, MOT due soon:cry:

Adam
16-11-06, 12:16 AM
Lol, mod an old one.
My new one snapped the first time i touched it,Lol.

Its been fine since i modded it.

SRlew
16-11-06, 02:33 PM
why do they always brake?

iv just got mine through the post, its mintr and works etc, so what is it that actually brakes on them?? and how do you fix them? just incase i need to know sometime lol

craig green
16-11-06, 03:04 PM
I dunno how you are actually meant to operate them but I 'pull' on & 'push' off. As opposed to push-push.

never broken the original one I got on my GSi, or any other for that matter.

Matt2107
16-11-06, 03:10 PM
There's a moral to this story.... MK1's are soooooooooo more superior.

SRlew
16-11-06, 03:18 PM
I dunno how you are actually meant to operate them but I 'pull' on & 'push' off. As opposed to push-push.

never broken the original one I got on my GSi, or any other for that matter.

dont think id trust pushing and pulling it! take it there ment to be push on push off?

never used or had a mk2 etc you see.

Jack
16-11-06, 03:19 PM
Mk1s suck because they have a brown dashboard, argument over, win to Mk2 lol

They have a clip inside which makes them push on push off, but this breaks, the contacts can bend out of place and the springs fall out. So generally they're pretty crap lol

Matt2107
16-11-06, 03:22 PM
Mk1s suck because they have a brown dashboard, argument over, win to Mk2 lol

I beg to differ..... agreed my early C reg Jamaica yellow nova had a brown dash but both the current GTE and previous SR which were later G reg had grey :thumb: :cool:

Incidently I once drove through mansfield market place on a sunday in my C reg when a hoard of england fans were outside fighting and a 1p was shoved through the tiny crack that was my open window in exchange for my car. Maybe he liked brown dashes.

craig green
16-11-06, 03:30 PM
dont think id trust pushing and pulling it! take it there ment to be push on push off?

never used or had a mk2 etc you see.

I wouldnt advise pulling it as in yanking it, but you can feel it click on when you pull it out. The lights come on & then it takes a gentle push in to switch off. When done the other way, you often end up punching it repeatedly in to try & get it to switch off. As it clicks out when done my way, it simply slots back into its resting place & stays off, first time.

Mk1 dashes suck btw. The bumpers dont however :thumb:

Novadex
16-11-06, 03:31 PM
F**king hazard switches, another one gone today, managed to fix it enough to get to work but one of the contacts inside has snapped off, anybody got one for sale, MOT due soon:cry:

i was gonna post this today! i also need a switch (MOT) so let me no if there are anymore about please people! thanx:thumb:

Adam
16-11-06, 03:32 PM
Mine now pulls on, pushes off, and will never break again :p Lol

Jack
16-11-06, 03:38 PM
I beg to differ..... agreed my early C reg Jamaica yellow nova had a brown dash but both the current GTE and previous SR which were later G reg had grey :thumb: :cool:
pfft, Mk2's had no brown dashes, and the grey ones were in the poverty spec - GSi had nice black dashes, not seeing that in the Mk1 lol lol lol

Anywoo.. the mk2 switch - has anyone totally removed it and replaced with a different switch? iirc if you take it out the indicators stop working...?

SRlew
16-11-06, 03:43 PM
mk1 dash's rule! i carnt wait till i get another nova with one! i want a brown one!

im going to take care of my switch then as its taken me ages to find one!! even in breakers, the only thing removed from them were the hazard switches lol

craig green
16-11-06, 03:47 PM
mk1 dash's rule! i carnt wait till i get another nova with one! i want a brown one!

im going to take care of my switch then as its taken me ages to find one!! even in breakers, the only thing removed from them were the hazard switches lol

What on a mk1. I didnt think they break. Its mk2 that are fragile, in the hands of muppets :eek:

SRlew
16-11-06, 03:50 PM
lol nah i got a mk2 dash fella. it took me ages to find the switch for it, iv just had the mk1 switch behind the dash for like half a year, i would of been f**ked if i need to use them lol

craig green
16-11-06, 03:53 PM
Gotcha.

There was someone doing modded ones on ebay cheap. Supposedly guaranteed to never break.

rc
16-11-06, 04:24 PM
yea my hazard switch is a push in and putt out one, dunno y?

my mate had one that wouldn't stay in or out, jst stayed permintley on, he had 2p's wedgin it off lol

and i had a mk1 1.2 with a brown dash back in the day! it was, er nice... lol

craig green
16-11-06, 04:52 PM
The Orange mk1 dash is the way to go...followed by Green. Matching carpets are a must!

Lee
16-11-06, 05:34 PM

Is that the only defense you can come up with for a dash that looks like it was carved from a piece of cheese? that its grey??

Says it all really lol

dan23
16-11-06, 07:56 PM
take the speaker cover off next to the drivers air vent a cav hazard switch fits nicely on there with a bit of cutting a fiberglass

Donova
16-11-06, 08:03 PM
take the speaker cover off next to the drivers air vent a cav hazard switch fits nicely on there with a bit of cutting a fiberglass What about the wiring, easy or not?

dan23
16-11-06, 08:16 PM
yes very easy just take the switch with the plug still on an as much wire as you can as i had to lenghen my exsisting wires

Lucky Luke!
16-11-06, 08:18 PM
MY god people!!!

Its really easy to fix!

The main reason they break is because people dont turn the hazards on before pulling out the switch! if ya do that the latch bends and hey presto, broken hazard switch!

If people really cant fix them, send them to me with a stamp addressed envelope and i'll fix them for free!

Just remember when you put them back to turn the hazard switch on first before pushing it back!

Novadex
16-11-06, 09:48 PM
take the speaker cover off next to the drivers air vent a cav hazard switch fits nicely on there with a bit of cutting a fiberglass

you got any pics of what that looks like??

kronk10
16-11-06, 10:01 PM
never buy one from a vauxhall dealership there 40quid brand new including vat:eek:

Ben
16-11-06, 10:03 PM
I have NEVER broke a Nova hazard switch EVER.

Are all you people ham fisted or just thick as ****!

How often do you actually use the hazard switch anyhow?

Its Loggyboy that sells the "indestructible" ones on ebay, he uses this site and that other rather inadequate site that is apprently still alive!

Novadex
16-11-06, 11:13 PM
ive never broke a hazard switch, ive just never bought a nova with one that fekin works!

Stoo
16-11-06, 11:18 PM
Ive got a MK1 haz switch in a MK2 dash as i moved the head unit up to the upper air vents and fitted a corsa information pod up there, so the haz switch had to be moved!

Ill get a pic up tomorrow, its just next to the headlight switch!

Lucky Luke!
17-11-06, 02:07 AM
right then, that is a genuine offer.

You cant have people paying 40 quid for new ones

If people want there switches fixed you can send them to me with a SAE envelope and i will fix them for free and send them back!

Anyone interested???

Mr_C
17-11-06, 09:56 AM

Its Loggyboy that sells the "indestructible" ones on ebay, he uses this site and that other rather inadequate site that is apprently still alive!

lol you mean RB then!

I had a mk1 brown dash in my first nova (had a mk2 facelift bodywork wise) and can I say it was uggggggggggly! Mk2 Dash is alot better except from the hazard switch been a way to start it up without a key lol :/

Matt2107
17-11-06, 09:57 AM
Is that the only defense you can come up with for a dash that looks like it was carved from a piece of cheese? that its grey??

Says it all really lol

Lol it matches my leather though :P

Donova
17-11-06, 11:38 AM

Yer fanks mate i takes an ammer to mine reglar:roll: