PDA

View Full Version : Losing faith

Asa-James
15-11-06, 09:44 PM
replaced the head on my nova not long ago, now i got noisey tappets, less power, a water leak(that i hope i fixed tonight) and no faith in the nova-rod passing its mot in february. i think i need some encouragement, or at least someone who agrees that i shud get a new car (thinking panda 100bhp cos i can get one cheap) any comments??

lee 16v
15-11-06, 10:11 PM
erm is it that bad

rednova
15-11-06, 10:22 PM
dont get a panda no matter how cheap!!!

plus if you spent the money it would cost to get a panda on your nova youd have one very smart nova

Matt2107
16-11-06, 10:09 AM
Stick with the Nova mate.

If you get rid you will only regret it at some point down the line.

Mr_C
16-11-06, 11:32 AM
i'm also in this situation and have gone as far as looking into a loan :E the problems with my car are: It won't start and I've replaced the ecu,coil pack and rewired some of the old wires i.e the fuel pump because the wire had split in several places. (thanks previous owner). 2. Could do with a respray (again thanks previous owner as my back bumper now has no paint on it :/ ..... are morrison's jet washers really that powerful!!!). 3. MoT and tax just ran out and I'll be praying the night before it does go for its MoT.

On the plus side, it looks really nice I personally think! and from what I can tell its mostly a solid shell, if i do put abit of money into it I'll be looking at the back arches as there just starting to go. It's fast for what it is and can punch well above it's weight (1400 16V engine).

I, like NovaSR just need inspiration and the will power to put money into it then it might be nice.

Craig_
16-11-06, 04:15 PM
Stick with it mate, although if you go the Panda route gofor a 4x4 they are the business off road with some little tractor tyres on it!!! I'm just getting my Nova out of retirment which was my younger brothers first car, mint white 1.4SR which he bought in 2001, then converted to 2.016V in 2003. I bought it off him in 04 as couldn't bear to see him sell it but I haven't driven it since Oct 05. Needs some TLC now as rear arches have gone plus couple of liitle rust scabs appearing. Along with some tidying of the body wenow want to hit the magic 200BHP mark with it, but at the same time keeping it looking like original 1.4SR as all the exterior and interior are still OE, apart from the wheels. Upto you how you have the car looking but I'm trying to keep mine to original looking as possible which is rare on a Nova now and all the more surprising when it blows all the Jap stuff away!! Good luck with it.

SRlew
16-11-06, 04:30 PM
lol iv been like this for months now!

i thought i was motivated this morning, so went out to take the engine out, so i first took the bonnet off then i couldnt be a***d so i went back inside lol

i might get motivation again in a few weeks PMSL!

but make sure you stick with the nova mate! as said you will just regret it! iv nearly sold up a few times now but im glad i didnt.

puss puss
16-11-06, 06:18 PM
nah you just need a kick in the pants really :D

Jack
16-11-06, 06:30 PM
If you get rid of it you'll only want another one. I went from a pair of shagged out novas to a nice, comfy, fast GT4 and still wanted a Nova lol

Asa-James
18-11-06, 10:10 PM
its settled, early morning start and putting gte brakes with refurbed and repainted calipers, should stop a treat, but how to get it faster..........

Stoo
18-11-06, 10:22 PM
mate, i went from an XE nova, got bored so bought a DC5 type R, and now ive bought an SR and im rebuilding my XE with an LET!!!!