PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy a rear diagonal for rollcage

dan23
15-11-06, 08:44 PM
i am after either a rear diagonal or the clamps that go on the end of the tube (i have enough tube to make my own)
i ve tried demon twweks etc but no luck none on e bay either

RJM25R
15-11-06, 08:46 PM
weld one in.

Chris
15-11-06, 09:01 PM
yep as Rick said, get one welded in, if you cant do it find someone who can weld and get them to do it or take it to a local engineering shop to have it done. It would be best to remove the cage from the car though to get it done however before you remove it check the width of the centres on the mounting points on the rear legs to ensure that when they weld a diagonal in they dont strain the cage so that it wont fit.

Chris

R1CH
15-11-06, 09:44 PM
Try the Roll Centre, they list a 'universal bar for a door bar or diagonal' doesn't say wther its just weld in or wether you get weld on clamps for it to bolt on ?
Worth a try.

Rich

dan23
15-11-06, 10:49 PM
thanks mate
the cage is already welded in the car ,an i have one removeable diagonal already but want to make x as seen on your car r1ch

dan23
15-11-06, 11:05 PM
just loked on their website they ?45 for a universal one quite alot when all i need is two clamps an i can make my own

Stuart
15-11-06, 11:20 PM
erm thats going to be a pig to fit unless you weld the other part of the X to the existing diagonal on the same level...

Ben
15-11-06, 11:35 PM
As Stu said you wont be able to get "another" diagnol fitted if you already have one as they will foul each other, going to need to weld an X in from fresh.

dan23
16-11-06, 10:54 AM
yes i know i am goingto fit the exisiing diagomal i then have some tube in my garage i can use to build another around but i need the clamp for the ends