PDA

View Full Version : swapping sunroofs

dan23
15-11-06, 05:58 PM
i am replaceing my tilt an slide for a tilt only
what i want to know is the catch that you push to make the sun roof slide is screwed to the sunroof frame will i be able to screw the tilt sunroof ? to my tilt an slide frame or do i need to take the frame with tilt only sunroof (the frame is riveted to the roof) ?

Riggy
15-11-06, 06:07 PM
dont think you would be able to do it fella , there completly different

dan23
15-11-06, 07:04 PM
why what is the difference?
surley the glass is the same size on both i know the mechs are different but if all the tilt an slide is removed cant a tilt be fitted in its place

dan23
15-11-06, 11:02 PM
i am going to get a tilt sunroof tomorrow i i plan to leave it bolted in car an cut out the roof skin around it that way if the frame is different i will have to drill out the rivets an swap the frames over

has anyone tried this or can anyone see any problems with it ?

L14MNP
16-11-06, 12:55 AM
Good stuff mate :)

Let me know how you get on Dan!

Very interested in doing this myself but can't find a Nova in a scrappers with a tilt!

dan23
16-11-06, 11:06 AM
L14MNP when you removed your roof lining was your roof painted an did it polish up ok once all the sticky was removed?

i ve got the sunroof but when i removed it from the donor car all the roof under the roof lining wasnt painted an it looked horrid:eek:

thats the only thing that puts me off removing my roof lining as my cage is welded in an it would be a right ball ache masking evey thing off to spray the roof

dan23
16-11-06, 06:43 PM
:cry: i was going to fit it today good job i measured both of the sun roofs first

the tilt only sun roof is quite alot smaller if i remember correct it was 7 cm too short in lentgh an 4cm in width

but it was a tilt only from a mk1 so maybe a tilt only from a mk2 would be the right size ?
can anyone help me out if you have mk2 with a tilt sunroof please post the measurements ?