PDA

View Full Version : God damn wheel sizes????

Anonymous
03-05-01, 11:11 AM
Right peeps I know this has been asked a million times before but I want some 17s for my 1.3 sr it has got 15s on at the mo no trouble with 195 45 15 on. Now its not the height of the wheel that is bothering me as my rear arches have been rolled, Its the width will i get away with 205 40 17 or is that too wide???
Also the car has been dropped 35mm so will the front arches need rolling??

Anonymous
03-05-01, 06:26 PM
can sumbody please answer this lol

yes they will go on but u will need mods

if u have mods then u might need sum more.
if u have mods u might not need sum more

if you get the shop to try them on your car b4 u buy them u will find out what your after(maybe maybe not!)

till the next time chaps.........

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
03-05-01, 07:06 PM
On a 17" wheel you cant get any narrower rubber than 205/40/17, so i's going to have to be narrow enough. When you've done this it wont be as fast as it was or handle anywhere near as well:D

Anonymous
06-05-01, 06:22 PM
should handle better with 17s on wider= more grip

Anonymous
06-05-01, 10:22 PM
will handle worse less tyre abosortion tramlining etc etc ride will be harsher and gearing will be thrown out aceleration wise (good excuse for tunning)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
08-05-01, 01:01 AM
Wider does not mean more grip.....eventually, you get to a point where the tyres are too wide, and you actually loose grip. All vehicles have an "optimum" tyre size....more specifically, an optimum contact patch size. This depends on the weight of the vehicle primarily. To do with force per unit area...more area = less force per unit area = less traction, but all sorts of complicated physics comes in to it...so I'm not goin' to attempt to explain!