PDA

View Full Version : Value Health

wisewood
15-11-06, 01:38 PM
Been getting some grief from a wisdom tooth recently, nothing major, just a dull ache on the right hand side. Today seems to be worse than it has been for the last few days, getting on my nerves a bit, so just been out of the office to Boots to grab some pain relief.

What I came away with was this;

VALUE HEALTH Ibuprofen 200mg 16 Tablets.

?0.37. Now, yes, that might only be 2p per pill... but its hardly good value is it. I mean, 200mg wouldnt stop a mouse' toothache, let alone mine. But it was either these at 37 pence, or a couple of quid for the next cheapest option. I'll just take more of these thanks lol

End of rant.

Jack
15-11-06, 01:47 PM
Can't take too many - unless Boots have made a fix to their EPOS system, with certain pills the till physically wouldn't let you ring up two or more packets.

(Much fun when they had a 'buy one, get the second half price' offer on Neurofen a few years back) lol

...nothing to stop you making two transactions of course! But thats typical Boots thinking. The company who, a few years back, provided you the "Buy two for ?2" option on ?2.50 per packet razor blades...

Matt2107
15-11-06, 01:47 PM
Lol I normally take nothing less than 500mg... I'd say just double up :D

Please note... I hold no responsibility for anyone OD'ing following the above advice.

wisewood
15-11-06, 01:49 PM
I just bought one pack - just taken a couple of them (10 minutes ago as i posted the thread) and as yet, no effect. We keep a stock of 500mg Ibuprofen and Paracetamol at home ... so these are cack by comparison.

If no effect after half an hour i'll take another one :wisewood:

Matt2107
15-11-06, 01:51 PM
lol its interesting threads like this that keep me coming back every day.

Incidently I think the 3 of us do a good effort at proping up novaload during the "off peak hours."

As a novaload admin Wisewood... is there any provision for gold stars or certifcates?

Jack
15-11-06, 01:56 PM
Take one every half hour til you can't see, can't feel or pass out. Then sue Boots lol

Incidently I think the 3 of us do a good effort at proping up novaload during the "off peak hours."
You say it like its a good thing? Although at least come saturday I'll have a legit reason to be here :D

Adam
15-11-06, 01:58 PM
Just live with the pain, you'll get used to it,Lol.

Matt2107
15-11-06, 02:04 PM
You say it like its a good thing? Although at least come saturday I'll have a legit reason to be here :D

I think i'm on here so much during the week for the following reasons.

1) Work is so boring
2) The people at work are so boring
3) I actually get away with being on here while at work)
4) My job is so easy... I can do an hours work and look like I've worn my fingers to the bone
5) Crappy dial up at home means I can't be ****d to wait for pages to load so dont use the net hardly at all.
6) I LOVE novaload.
7) I'm a saddo

wisewood
15-11-06, 02:07 PM
i'm drawn to this place like a fly to sh*t lol have been for years.

no gold stars or certificates, sorry.

ps. pain has eased off now.
I'm not one for pain killers, i generally just ignore it and hope it'll go away.

Matt2107
15-11-06, 02:17 PM
Shame we can't have a meet attendance record.

Each time you go to a meet you receive 1 point.

wisewood
15-11-06, 02:33 PM
PMSL. Thats not fair on those who cant afford to travel.

Matt2107
15-11-06, 02:39 PM
It might encourage more meets ;)

Mr_C
15-11-06, 02:55 PM
I come on all the time but hardly post as you can see by my post count lol! I'm normally busy at work and just get a quick pop on and then off but I've had absolutely nothing to do for the past week and a half!!!

Kinky Monza
15-11-06, 03:04 PM
I'm on here far more now as i have internet access (ish) at home lol

But wise, you really should take something like Diclofenac for your pain, they can be bought over the counter at boots, but they'll do a better job than Ibuprofen- or go see your Dentist lol

wisewood
15-11-06, 03:19 PM
i've not been to see a dentist for *shock & gasp* ten years. Teeth are in pretty good condition considering... i have made a new year resolution already though that i will go in the new year, and once its all scraped and polished, sign up with denplan and go every 6 months as i should do anyway.

Just send me over some of those special muffins of yours, they should sort me out a treat :D :wisewood:

Kinky Monza
15-11-06, 03:29 PM
i've not been to see a dentist for *shock & gasp* ten years. Teeth are in pretty good condition considering... i have made a new year resolution already though that i will go in the new year, and once its all scraped and polished, sign up with denplan and go every 6 months as i should do anyway.

Just send me over some of those special muffins of yours, they should sort me out a treat :D :wisewood:

If i baked a muffin for you, i'd put fecking ****nic in it not Cannabis :p

wisewood
15-11-06, 03:52 PM
oooh, nice one :D proper pain relief lol

Matt2107
15-11-06, 04:26 PM
I haven't been to the dentist for 10 years either.

My teeth look in excellent shape.... I've got no fillings and cant see any holes. They could do with a little placque scraping off the backs but thats all.

wisewood
15-11-06, 04:43 PM
I've got a couple of fillings from when i was a kid, can't see where though, possibly on the teeth i had pulled when i had my brace fitted at 14 lol

There was a time i had a serious plaque problem from drinking copious amounts of Pepsi/Coke and various other fizzies... once i realised what i was doing and stopped drinking it so much, and started brushing so hard i thought i'd knock my teeth out, i got rid of most of it.

Made me realise the other week, mum went to see dentist for first time in just a couple of years, and it cost her over ?900. I remember my dad doesnt have great teeth either, so i better start looking after mine.

Lee
15-11-06, 09:03 PM
not considered the old door and string trick yet then?

wisewood
16-11-06, 09:11 AM
with a wisdom tooth? f*ck that... it'd take my jaw with it lol

Matt2107
16-11-06, 10:25 AM
Just dont tie the string to a 1ltr push roddy roddy... it wont have enough power!

Kinky Monza
16-11-06, 04:46 PM
with a wisdom tooth? f*ck that... it'd take my jaw with it lol

Wimp lol

Novadex
16-11-06, 05:13 PM
Can't take too many - unless Boots have made a fix to their EPOS system, with certain pills the till physically wouldn't let you ring up two or more packets.

(Much fun when they had a 'buy one, get the second half price' offer on Neurofen a few years back) lol

...nothing to stop you making two transactions of course! But thats typical Boots thinking. The company who, a few years back, provided you the "Buy two for ?2" option on ?2.50 per packet razor blades...

you can buy 32 in a pharmacy but only 16 in a conveniance shop :thumb: me mams a pharmacist, shes got all the know whats! lol

Lee
16-11-06, 05:24 PM
Just go to the hospital and have it whipped out!

And make sure you go under as well, i dont know if theyve changed the stuff recently, but the last two times ive been generalled, ive had the most relaxing euphoric moments ever! lol

Kinky Monza
16-11-06, 05:36 PM
Just go to the hospital and have it whipped out!

And make sure you go under as well, i dont know if theyve changed the stuff recently, but the last two times ive been generalled, ive had the most relaxing euphoric moments ever! lol

Exactly how giving birth was for me lol under a GA!!! lol

wisewood
17-11-06, 09:19 AM
The pain comes and goes - since the other day i've had no trouble from it at all. Not gonna go crying off the hospital, wasting NHS money that they could be paying to my wife lol

Matt2107
17-11-06, 09:24 AM
ive had the most relaxing euphoric moments ever! lol

not that cheeky finger again!!! lol