PDA

View Full Version : starting trouble

SRI crazy
14-11-06, 09:45 PM
rite hey i posted a thread earlier bout an sri not starting when it is warm. i changed the fuel filter on the car coz it was the original one and was 14 years old so figured it needed changing. car ran ok. problem has now changed. will start when its warm but not when it gets a bit cooler

SRI crazy
14-11-06, 09:46 PM
hey i hav changed all the sensors on the inlet manifold, i hav changed the fuel pump relay i hav cleaned earths and its still doing the same. now the car wont start at all. i hav changed the brain and it still wont start. i hav noticed that the fuel pump is supplying fuel but no spark. does anybody hav any ideas coz at this moment in time the car is on a thin wire. thanx

Adam
15-11-06, 12:16 AM
Ignition coil

SRI crazy
15-11-06, 09:12 PM
i have changed that to an its still the same, i have changed the distributor as well and it aint no better

Adam
16-11-06, 12:18 AM
Have you changed the coolant temperature sender?
On the side of the head?

SRI crazy
18-11-06, 12:52 AM
yep i hav done that 2 an its still the same

Adam
18-11-06, 12:58 AM
So, it wont spark when its cold?

But the fuel pump works and fuel is being injected?

SRI crazy
18-11-06, 08:08 PM
aye mre or less yes coz i can smell the fuel down the exhaust an when u eventually get the car going it backfires but dats just her burning the fuel lol

SRI crazy
22-11-06, 06:46 PM
hey i hav splved the problem incase anybody was wonderin it was the bottom cranksensor was damaged much better now thanx for all the help appreciate it thanx