PDA

View Full Version : Idle Problems, on GTE

Anonymous
04-05-01, 07:57 PM
Hi peeps, When my engine gets hot, *Stuck in traffic* (which is quite often) :o( , I find that when I pull away and stop again, the revs will sit at 3000rpm... and I have to blip the throttle 4 or 5 times, to make it come back down to 900 -1000 rpm. I have sprayed carb cleaner around the butter fly, and the air flow meter... but still the problem is there?! It only does it when the engine is hot, and it wont do it after the engine cools down... I think something is sticking? But what ? Im sure its not the throttle cable, as I have lubricated this!... any help would be much appreciated! :-/

Anonymous
04-05-01, 08:40 PM
Probly find its the return spring on the throttle body!
D
i
c
k
o

Anonymous
04-05-01, 08:44 PM
Oh right, ill check that!..... But why would that cause a problem when hot? as it is only a spring? Ill still check it!! i need all the help poss! cheers

Anonymous
05-05-01, 11:02 AM
Im having the same problem. Im gonna take mine to vauxhall so they can plug it into their computer and tell me whats wrong

Anonymous
05-05-01, 11:54 AM
Sheppardr - MAte can you let me know what Vauxhall say..... Im stumped !

Anonymous
05-05-01, 03:53 PM
Ive noticed that if I unplug the vacuum hose from the Coasting Air valve, my engine will start to rev at 1100rpm instead of 3000rpm. Then when I reconnect the hose back to the coasting air valve, the RPM starts to rise again!? I reckon it could be the coasting air valve? What do you guys think?

Anonymous
05-05-01, 06:38 PM
pls say if im wrong but could a faulty injector be the problem? cos if the spring stuck would it not put too much fuel in at idle?
pls mail me if im wrong :)

Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
05-05-01, 11:04 PM
K, i had a sililar prob, but mine was a crack in the oil breather pipe coming from the top of the engine, however it was just the case of my engine taking a long time to slow down! If ur engine is sucking air then it may rev higher! But the spring is the first thing i would check!!
D
i
c
k
o

Anonymous
06-05-01, 01:00 PM
Ok!! Update: Hoses are fine! no worries there. The return spring, is more springy than a springy thing!! so thats fine.. If the injectors were faulty then that problem would all ways be there... So I reckon its the Coasting Air Valve, as my mates GTI had the same problem, and it pointed at the Coasting Air Valve. The big question is, how much are these things :-/