PDA

View Full Version : gettin annoyed with my project!

greg1.4
14-11-06, 05:11 PM
I am starting to feel like there is nothing being done to my nova and getting rather annoyed. I want to get on with it but as i am only 14 and never welded before i cant really.I have loads of things needing done and really want them done soon. I need crossmember welded in, front panel welded on and the bay stitch welded. Once that is done i can get on with it really. The car has been sitting for a year nearly and nothing has been done to it. Has anyone ever felt like this and they just want it finished. I will complete it but it might take a while! :mad:

Jack
14-11-06, 05:12 PM
Well if you're only 14 there's no rush lol

Why not use it as an opportunity to learn to weld?

greg1.4
14-11-06, 05:19 PM
there aint no rush, i just want the crossmember in and done by someone who can weld properly so that is going to be strong and safe. My dad is an engineer and says he will do it. When ever i ask him its always "aye i will do it next weekend!" lol Dont know how many times i have heard that now!

I am going to weld the sills and holes in the boot. Once the crossmember is in i will weld the front panel in and then it can get painted.

Dave.
14-11-06, 05:54 PM
h mate. im 13 so i know wgat your feeling. your limited to what u can do. i just find little things rong. such as get some sr clocks, or a big exhaust or new lights
it builds up in the end

greg1.4
14-11-06, 05:58 PM
hi mate, yes it gets annoying. See i could get on and get it finished if the croosmember was in. That is the biggest problem. How big a job is it and how long will it take? The towing eye is falling out aswell so will need to weld plates round that to strengthing it.

Dave.
14-11-06, 05:59 PM
dont know mate. mines in bad shape 2. rotten chasie legs. but ive bought another one now. 13 and own 2 novas. lol. id get another mate
is urs mk1 or mk2?
and u need ne bits i have plenty

philly
14-11-06, 05:59 PM
jeez 13! and 14!

nova drivers are gettin younger lol.

learn to weld, you wont believe how much money it can bring you in outside of work as a foreigner.years for you both to learn it.

greg1.4
14-11-06, 06:06 PM
yes i am going to start to learn to weld. It will save alot of money etc. Might have a wee go at my sill.

Dave.
14-11-06, 06:06 PM
yeah. it brings money in and youll allways need a welder on cars nomatter how old. id just get a nice mk2, do it up to its original state, and cover it uuntill ur old enough to drive. but then again thats silly, so id be working on it all the time lol.

im learning to weld, my incle is a a1 welder. so far ive welded 2 pieces of metal together and a rather large metal clump to the door of a fiesta. lol

greg1.4
14-11-06, 06:09 PM
yes will practice on an old nova door that i am using to plate up my nova. I have 3 novas! All mk2's.lol

Dave.
14-11-06, 06:14 PM
3! where do you keep them?

vaughanmc
14-11-06, 06:33 PM
so theres a few young nova nuts out there :)

rc
14-11-06, 06:35 PM
dont worry lads, my project took 3years doin it every weekend, and i'm 21 lol

greg1.4
14-11-06, 07:10 PM
i keep them all in a huge garage i have! still have room for another nova!lol
Thanks for the comments guys, i am going to put a topic up in the projects section with all the pics that i have and the progress.

draper
14-11-06, 09:03 PM
calm down lads, theres no rush lol

and i forked out for a welder a few months ago and still havent got round to useing it lol

Matt2107
15-11-06, 09:56 AM
Dont lose interest just yet matey.

If your dad can weld why dont you see if he'll teach you.
Dont forget to tell him you love him as dads like that lol

If he refuses and he's a smoker just keep nicking his fags until he gives in.

Just think about the end product and that when you pass your test all your mates are gonna be driving round in **** boxes when hopefully you will have a nice example of a classic car (kinda.)

rednova
15-11-06, 06:23 PM
keep at it young padowans we all get fed up with projects sometimes - mine sat in the garage for a year with nowt other than me spark plugs being plugged in right way (dont ask) after a while something will make you go back and do a bit more - as has been said your young and have years on the rest of us lol

greg1.4
15-11-06, 06:58 PM
yes, am going to get crossmember in soon. Dad said he will when he is not so busy at work and then he is going to teach me to weld. After that i am going to do the rest like repairing sill and holes in the boot. Might even put the front panel on aswell if i get a bit of experiance. Got my own mig welder today but need gas and welding wire. How much are small bottles of gas?