PDA

View Full Version : Harriet needs help :D

puss puss
13-11-06, 07:16 PM
Hey Fellow Nova Lovers (FML)

well i got my nova today and my stero doesnt work in it says save or safe when i turn it on... :S

But anyway a standard stero will not do me!

Right as a lot of people think 6 by 9s are a waste of money i probly wont get a pair.

Also i am at college doin a full time car repair and servicein etc course. i have a part time job at argos lol.... so i dont have a lot of money

For the front am gonna have these Kenwood jobbe'ys :thumb:
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/category.php?sub_cat_id=4&display=list&page=2

Should i get the Kenwood 10cm duel cone 100w Peak Speakers for 20 notes?

OR should i get the kenwood 10cm 2way 120 w peak speakers for 30 notes?

Or should i get one of the jbl ones :confused: i dont really want to have to push over 30 notes here but i will save to 40 if needs be.

Then the head unit will be one of them new ones on ebay i have seen, they play like usb stick md card thing (the menory card u find in nokia phones.) cd mp3 and ipod for 70 notes + package, i think this is bang for buck and would love that prehaps a christmas present ;)

Then since no-one likes 6 by 9s i dont think i will buy some, i belive the reason people dont like these are because they draw the sound to the back or something :confused:

Then for the b00t i would have this sub and amp set up again from motorworld. (yea there is a motorworld near me i can jus pop in there wid mommy n pick up the stuff)

Mutant sub 900 watt max 450 rms 12" 40 notes which is 10 notes cheaper then the jbl and more powerfully (in watts anyway) would this be a good buy, but what amp would i have with this sub?

OR

Jbl Gt4 1000watt max 50 notes... more expensive but a well known make? i think these have a rms of 300watts if thats right not really sure :confused:

And for the amp i would have the

Jbl GTO Amp 600watt 4/3/2 channel for 80 notes, would this be to underpowered to drive the jbl sub, or would it be big n bad enough to run the sub and the front speakers as well..

The rest of my cash will be spent on sound proofing wire etc..

Also Where should i mount the front speakers, should i make a door build, could i do it out of MDF:confused: my mate said i could use the dash ledge under neath the dash, is this ok and how would i cut it, pictures would be great.
And how does it sound when they are down there any good?

Also i want to put a mdf shelve in the back because i dont have a shelf atm..
my question for this are..

How do i sequre it do i sqrew it or something? if so to what pictures again would b great.

what i want to do if i can explain it is have 2 sheets of mdf spaced out on top of ea other sit the amp between them, cut a hole on the top mdf board, place a perspect window in, and some fans (the kind u find coolin your pc) to aid cooling. and prehaps some nice legs to light it up, has this been done.

Please help i will love you for ever lol, i just got my nova and i need some help bad i want to stand out from the rest of the idiots around here with something custom. :D not Washer Led's:cry:

Thank-you Nathaniel & Harri

Jack
13-11-06, 07:56 PM
6x9s aren't really required if you're getting a sub, usually a decent set of components will do.

Not sure about the subs but I doubt they really put out anywhere near the quoted figures. Have a look on ebay for cheap alpine and JL kit, there's bargains to be had there.

puss puss
13-11-06, 09:35 PM
oo ryt cheers mate :D