PDA

View Full Version : Xe ???

Markyc
13-11-06, 06:11 PM
I've always said that i don't want one (don't ask me y!!) but i saw n went in one 2day and OMG I WANT ONE!!!!!
Right so first of all wanna get some bits straight
1.What do i need? (engine wise)
2.Do i need to have different engine mounts?
3.Is it a gd idea or a must to get the engine bay strenghted?
4.how well do they handle??
5.Go for it and stick a LET init!
6.or shall i keep the 1.4lump rebuilt it n put the twin 40's i got on it

I love the way my nova handles and don't wanna lose that

Cheers all comments would help!

Lee
13-11-06, 06:23 PM
firstly, as for fitting the engine, the question has been answered on here about 1 million times, so use the search.

So 1. An XE, 22 spline shafts, inner CV's, and F16/20
2. Buy some uprated ones from Protec
3. Very good idea
4. As well as you make them. Skimp on the chassis upgrades, and say hello to hedges
5. Costs more for a good engine, more work, and higher insurance, but of course, faster in standard spec and cheaper to tune, so take your pick.
6. if you want to go slower and spend more on the engine, yes.

XE novas handle fine if you make sure you use the correct poundage springs on the front with a decent shock setup. You can also help out the weight distribution slightly by putting the battery in the boot.

Dar
13-11-06, 06:29 PM
I bet this thread wanders off topic:roll:
Before it does.

1) XE with loom and ECU & a fitting kit.

2) Its best to get the uprated mounts, so yes. The mounts that are in there where never designed to take a 2.0 engine and the uprated ones are not expensive.

3) Its a good idea. If you don't you may pull the thing apart you may not. Better to be safe rather than sorry. So I say at least stich weld it. Strenghten it if you want.

4) lol here we go. This is where you will get divided opinon. I say they handle very well indeed when setup correctly. Checkout my vids at www.daxtek.co.uk (http://www.daxtek.co.uk) to see what they handle like when setup correctly. Mine was setup by me and not some expert. So correctly maybe a loose term here:wtf:

5) If you want. Its more work but also more power.

6) Tune a 1.4 or go for a 2.0? That is your choice. If you want speed the 2.0, if you want to make a 1.4 fast......

Adam
13-11-06, 06:35 PM
"cough" big block vs small block "cough" lol

This thread might as well be closed now, as the question has been answered,LOL. Better leave it at that.

stuartp
13-11-06, 06:40 PM
L.L.T.N lol lol lol

Philsutton
13-11-06, 07:02 PM
People that say big block novas dont handle:

1. havent been in one
2. been in one on standard suspension

And if you do it weld the bay up and use uprated mounts other wise it wont handle properly again.

H15 NVA
14-11-06, 05:57 PM
dunno if u got my pm fella your welcome to come out in mine at thurock n see how she handles, set up well and home built so prob a good example for ya.

Markyc
14-11-06, 06:12 PM
dunno if u got my pm fella your welcome to come out in mine at thurock n see how she handles, set up well and home built so prob a good example for ya.

i'll def hold u 2 that!! yer im comin on the 25th we got any plans where 2 go after the services??

H15 NVA
14-11-06, 06:14 PM
not sure possibly sarf-end or basildon, suppose depends on weather n if anyone has any better ideas.

Markyc
14-11-06, 06:26 PM
jst a normal saturday nite 4 me then lol u about 2nite??

Rexy
14-11-06, 06:27 PM
XE's can handle

There easy to do, you need to look at your driving style before going down a chosen path my son.

H15 NVA
14-11-06, 06:30 PM
nufin planned, mon n tues usully wiv the missus, get thurs n fris for nova time! lol. bin trying to find a meet on a thurs if u know of one?

Markyc
14-11-06, 06:34 PM
datford 1way is thursday nite use to b quite big but old bill=nomore! a few people still go down there tho i mite b down there where bouts u from??

H15 NVA
14-11-06, 06:38 PM
kidbrooke, used to go blackheath wen the hill was closed as mates used it for driftin, then went to thamsmead wen the old bill got hot on the heath, did used to go crayford(mc donalds then into the dogtrack carpark) but the cops stopped that too!!! apparently sydenham is quite busy? might jus go dartford see what its like as its close

rc
15-11-06, 09:54 AM
yea boys we were goin down southend then basildon industrual estate, the 1by 24hour maccyD's every saturday night for years, but cops hav put a stop to that now :mad:

Markyc
15-11-06, 04:56 PM
yea boys we were goin down southend then basildon industrual estate, the 1by 24hour maccyD's every saturday night for years, but cops hav put a stop to that now :mad:

well i'll will say they try 2 sum weeks u go a whole night with no pigs but then the next week theres loads of them n jst close the strip off so its wnak!!!