PDA

View Full Version : Full engine clean out

Anonymous
01-05-01, 05:57 PM
Rite,untill I build up the bottle to strip the engine I'll need to clean all the shit out of it rite now.what do I use??It's a j plate sri.I was thinkin redex injection cleaner and then some stuff called forte I think which thins the oil for 10 mins and cleans everything,then change the oil.Whatya reckon peeps??

GRRR I'm a sexual tyranosaurus!!!

Anonymous
01-05-01, 06:52 PM
Try 10k boost. If you do use Redex, don't put it down the s.plug holes (as i was once advised to do) as it makes a huge mess when you turn the engine over and you will have thick black smoke pouring out of the car for hours afterwards... But i did use the one for carbed cars...
I've heard mixed opinions on oil flushs, some people say it strips the coating off all your internal parts, others use it everytime and swear by it, personally ive only ever used it once. its up to you.
Go on strip the engine, its really not that hard.... good luck B-)

Anonymous
01-05-01, 07:35 PM
i just uesd oil flush on mine after not changing the oil for a year and the oil came out a tad lumpy which was handy, coz that wasnt in the engine ne more. the black smoke coming out of the exhuast was all the cack that the redx had loosened ie it was doing its job.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
01-05-01, 11:12 PM
OS do ya think If i hadbn't had an airfilter for a while (don't ask) That if I used some redex injection stuff and oil cleaner that would work??

Anonymous
02-05-01, 08:24 AM
No air filter! If you are planning to rebuild the engine as it is worn I would be reluctant to flush it yet.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
02-05-01, 09:51 AM
why??

Anonymous
02-05-01, 11:03 AM
I did it on my old 1300 engine that was fairly worn, after the flush it sounded like a skleton wanking in a tin dustbin. It is a good idea on a new or rebuilt engine, but it's up to you.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".