PDA

View Full Version : Micky`s -80mm

Anonymous
10-10-00, 07:36 PM
Hello Micky, I notice you`ve dropped you car by 80 on the front, what bumpstops have you used and have you shortened them? How much travel would you get out of 60mm dropped suspension b4 it hits the stops?, I`ve got stndard spax stops on the front of mine but the rides a little harsh at the moment. Is it the PMC suspension thats shit or do I have to modify the bumpstops a bit? Cheers for the help and if anyone else could give us any ideas feel free! Also seen a Black 2l nova on Novadose website with a beutifull wide kit on it, luck bastard!

Anonymous
10-10-00, 08:31 PM
when i fitted my springs the first time i left the bumpstops out and i couldnt turn my front wheels coz it was that low. this has happend with 2 sets ov springs from swift motorsport. i dont know if they made the springs up wrong or its coz we didnt get the shocks but my mates was the same. then i replaced the bumpstops and the car raised itself up. this means tha its actually sitting on the bumpstops, now the bumpstops on standerd nova shocks are like this foam rubber shit and its quite soft so i used these so the ride would soften a bit. they were simply cut down with a hacksaw until i was happy with the hieght. they are about a centimetre thick now and the ride is really not that bad until u hit a pot hole and then its a nite mare

if u can handle always looking out for potholes and dont mind the car tramlining a bit then go for it.
i was gonna uprate the bumpstops coz they take a hammering but if i got sum stronger ones they would harshen up the ride no end.
its all about what u find aceptable. i have been in loads ov my mates novas with supsension kits and i think there 2 hard! the uprated shockers just seam to bounce u more over the little bumps and road imperfections but then there not as bad as mine when they hit a pot hole.

i dont know if u know how i lowerd the back 70mm but itsa major grief. the good point about my method is that none ov the coils are cut so the springs dont dislocate when u jack em up= MOT PASS

i got sum ov the same springs off my brother for the back end ov my girlys car cheap but i couldnt buy the fronts seprate so i bought sum second hand corsa sri springs and cut 2 coils off them.

IT DIDNT LOWER IT A BIT

the corsa springs are uprated so they still kept the little 1.2 at full height!

we have chopped another coil out now and the fron ahs come down about 60/70mm but the ride is a lot bouncyer than mine (probably coz the shocks are fucked)
i havent modifyed her bumpstops at all(fnarr fnarr)
the problam with hers is that when u jack the car up the spring has about 1" ov travell on the shockers so im gonna strap em in with jublie clips!!! :)

have fun

PS. when i joined the PNG and whent to the meet i had the lowest nova there! i beat a lad with coilovers and beat my mate who has a 60mm kit with loads a ov coils chopped out! he has nigh on chopped his back springs in half! if u look under his car and see the spring it looks well dodgy

when the rear springs go fat in the center thats were hes chopped em!? fuck knows how they stay in but he hasnt strapped em so there gonna go flying!!!!

Anonymous
11-10-00, 08:41 AM
So you beat a lad with coilovers. Maybe your car is lower but handling.... Any idea how well nova with coilovers handles? Suspension is great science and spings & shocks must be in balance with each other. If you just cut your srings you?d say good bye to handling. Full suspension kits are allways the best solution.
If you want low nova with decent handling just get a 40mm lowering kit(complete) and get some 14inc wheels with 185/50 tyres.

Anonymous
11-10-00, 05:53 PM
Cheers for the advice, I`ll cut some old nova bumpstops up. If my car is sat on the stops now, it`ll only give it an inch more travel though, I`ll just have to put up with it or by some -30/40`s, or a citroen bx!

Anonymous
13-10-00, 06:19 PM
i havent fucking cut my springs u prick? cant u fucking read?

i was lower but his is all together better

does that make u happy?

u dont lower your nova drastic amounts to make it handle good u do it to look good