PDA

View Full Version : heat from centre vents.

ade
12-11-06, 07:38 PM
As you all know the heat from the centre vents blows cold - fine if you live in Spain but sh1te if like me (when the cars on the road), you are way up north near to north pole!

Anyway - does anyone know how easy it would be to change the matrix so that heat goes to the centre vents as well?

Heat goes to the side vents and the floor so surely its just a case of changing the air flow and a couple of plastic bits?

now I've never messed with the heater vents (yet) but just wondered if anyone else has...

SRlew
12-11-06, 07:55 PM
yer i also wouldnt mind knowing if this has been done? mines in pieces at the moment anyway.

Adam
12-11-06, 08:00 PM
Dont think its been done before, you'd have to some how re-route the warm air feed.

Matt2107
13-11-06, 12:21 PM
Shouldnt be too hard ade.

You might need to cut a section out of the feed for the sides and insert a y shape pipe that is the same diameter etc then feed it to the centre.

craig green
13-11-06, 04:02 PM
running hot air to the central vents will rob the hot air from somewhere else. It wont mak ethe car any warmer IMO,

Fit A/C from a Corsa. Now that would be trick!

Matt2107
13-11-06, 04:35 PM
running hot air to the central vents will rob the hot air from somewhere else. It wont mak ethe car any warmer IMO,

Fit A/C from a Corsa. Now that would be trick!

Good point... your just gonna half the hot air from the other vents.

mikey14sr
13-11-06, 07:14 PM
Try putting a mk3 astra heater sysytem in, they run wonderfully hot.

Timmy
13-11-06, 10:16 PM
Put a Jumper on ? close the middle vent ?

nova_ellen
13-11-06, 10:16 PM
i dont even have side vents.. :eek::eek:

Nobby
14-11-06, 09:59 AM
nope nor me i have in all my other Novas but it only blows 2 the floor and windscreen lol

craig green
14-11-06, 01:00 PM
A/C trick as funk.
Find a scrapped Corsa with air con, rob all the bits (condenser, matrix, pump, rad etc) & bung it in the front of your Nova. Should be enough room behind those Punto lamps & bonnet extension etc.