PDA

View Full Version : heaters in my gte

nov4801
12-11-06, 04:18 PM
they dont seem to work, well let me explain a little morewhen you turn them on they make a funny noise for starters (not sure if its a nova thing or not) also i went for a drive the other day was driving for about an hour and still cold air comin through the vents,what can i do to have decent heaters in me nova in this cold weather

mikey14sr
12-11-06, 05:25 PM
Which vents were cold? the centre vents are allways cold, it's how they designed them.

staggy_gsi
12-11-06, 06:33 PM
probably the heater matrix mate, common fault. and the noise sounds like it could be the motor itself, mine does it and its horrendous. it stops for a while when you go over speed bumps though lol

octane
12-11-06, 08:35 PM
if your talking about the 2 vents near the clock then they always pump out cold air. the noise is poss the bearings in the fan motor, or could be something in there like a stone or leaves, it is possible. take of the cover behind the scuttle panel and have a butchers for dirt and crap.

nov4801
12-11-06, 09:51 PM
i know the 2 near the clock are always cold its the ones near the windows driver and passenger side i been told it could be the matrix.are they hard to change etc and where could i get one from

Welsh Dan
12-11-06, 11:24 PM
You could get one from an auto factor or a scrapyard, and I'd check the haynes manual. The first thing I'd check would be the coolant level though.

craig green
13-11-06, 02:39 PM
/\
Check you have coolant in the header tank...OK

Are the cables operating the warm air flap that directs the air to come through the (hot) matrix?

The noisy fan is likely to be worn bearings in the blower motor. Its under a plastic cover with the wiper linkages etc in the scuttle tray.