PDA

View Full Version : uprated 2 litre 16 valve manifolds for a nova whats anyone running

nuds sr
12-11-06, 01:33 PM
hi to all who read this hope you can help

ive had my car on the road for just over two month now and was running an ashley mild steel uprated manifold on my 2litre 16 valve nova and went to work in my car saturday and got to work and my manifold has cracked full circle round one of the pipes in the middle of straight pipe not around a weld or owt like that so thats goin back to ashley this week but have no faith in ashley stuff anymore now!

so was wondering what other manifolds people are running on tunedup 2 litre 16 valve novas and whats available on the market etc : the spec of my car is 2litre 16 valve, ported and polished head, R1 bike carbs, lightened flywheel and a 2 1/4 inch full stainless system with a scorpion back box off an astra gsi ( did have an uprated ashley four branch manifold but its broken )

i am now looking for a full stainless steel 4-branch manifold and to avoid mild steel if possible

any help and contact information that anyone could give me would be greatful appreciated

superfu-kingnova
12-11-06, 08:43 PM
alright mate , sorry to here about your manifold breaking , harsh , i cant really give advice because my C20XE nova has a custom exhaust , but 'ashley' exhausts IMO are usually quite good build quality , i have used various exhausts from them , never had a problem , and 'ashley' did start back in the day as a motorsport supplier , rally's etc .
maybe that manifold ypou speak of was a 'friday afternoon special' .
why not go to a custom place . goodluck mate ..

Chris Astley
13-11-06, 09:55 PM
I use and supply a lot of ashley and never had a problem with there stuff, always fits and has a very robust construction and hard wearing!

They do a specific 4-2-1 manifold and 4-1 manifolds for the nova, the 4-2-1 is well suited to a road car!

Chris

Adam
14-11-06, 12:30 AM
I can't fault ashley manifolds/systems either.

Aamir
14-11-06, 09:52 AM
Regal sell a Lexmaul Stainless Steel 4-2-1 Manifold for ?308.00, a custom made one will be about ?400+.

I'm using a magnex 4-1 stainless manifold that I picked up cheap from ebay, personally I wouldn't bother with anything mild steel.

craig green
14-11-06, 01:04 PM
what you want is a BTB manifold. I think there are 3 types for XE Novas.

http://www.racecar.com/btb/