PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

sr-rompa
12-11-06, 12:59 PM
what am the best coilovers to have for a nova but i dont really want to moddify the back to make them fit

Stuart
12-11-06, 01:18 PM
is the car stipped out or not?

R1CH
12-11-06, 01:20 PM
I think GAZ ones are spot on, your gonna have to modify the rears whichever you go for, even if you don't strengthen them your gona have to bash the inner arch a bit to clear the springs.

Rich

sr-rompa
12-11-06, 02:11 PM
nah car aint striped how mush dose gaz lower the car cause they am for my saloon

Stuart
12-11-06, 03:02 PM
you have to strengthen the rear turrets if you fit coilovers to the rear if your not stripping the car out.

Chris
12-11-06, 10:59 PM
yeah as above, I have used AVO for just over a year they have been spot on however, next time I buy some they will be H&R systems. My mate has just fitted some to a 306 rallye and they are of excellent build quality, much better than the AVO's.

You get what you pay for, if you dont want to modify to fit to the rear then just go for some bilstein cup shocks and springs, or custom rears if you want it lower. They are tried and tested in rallying so I am pretty sure they will be ok for your saloon

Chris

craig green
13-11-06, 01:40 PM
above is true.
You asked how much the GAZ coilovers lower by? I guess you dont understand the concept of coilovers...