PDA

View Full Version : test coming up soon

ad4m
12-11-06, 08:52 AM
hello i got my test coming on the 24th any thing u can tell me so it makes it easier to pass bcoz i really want to drive my nova that is sat in the garage so any help would be great cheers adam

Iain
12-11-06, 09:53 AM
Drive really well :thumb:

Stuart
12-11-06, 10:09 AM
cant say much more than that to be fair lol

H15 NVA
12-11-06, 11:36 AM
main thing i was told is to make the instructor feel comfortable, smooth driving etc

Ben
12-11-06, 12:05 PM
Exagerate your head movements when looking in your mirrors, turn your head towards them not just your eyes.

H15 NVA
12-11-06, 12:23 PM
dont do farts that have the power to hospitalise small children

Jim Mcrae
12-11-06, 01:19 PM
My test is on friday, passed a mock yesterday with all manuvers and 9 minors so i still need to do a bit of polishing!!! I have to pass as its the saltash cruise the following day lol. Good luck chap

dannyb
12-11-06, 03:04 PM
Right, don't drink any alcohol or caffineated drinks (coke, red bull) the night before or leading up to the test. These are diuretics and make you need to wee and a full bladder is the last thing you need during your test!
Beta blockers dont really do much, but chewing gum may help, especally if you smoke as it will give you something to do!
Wear respectable clothes, no adidas, nike, burberry or a baseball cap. You might get an instructor like the one I met at a dinner party who didnt like to pass 'scrotes' as he put it.
When you talk to the instructor, just act mature and not too excitable, it shows what kind of a person you are and how you will act in a car in future!
As said previously, move your head, not the eyes when doing mirrors and keep the speed down. At the speed limit, you have plenty of time to mirror signal manouver and turn the wheel smoothly, making your ride for the instructr nice and safe.

Lozzie C
12-11-06, 04:03 PM
True, keep your speed to the limit, no lower than 10mph below (unless you have to of course) as I failed because of this. It was when I was driving down narrow streets with kid and cars on either side- but the examiner ignored that ignored that and gave me a major for it.
Second time I failed because I didn't indicate at the first roundabout I came to.
Ridiculous! (And a waste of money)!
Lauren

Matt2107
13-11-06, 09:33 AM
Just relax.. probably the most important thing... but also the hardest.

Jack
13-11-06, 09:53 AM
Yeah, relax. A lot of people I know who failed their test paniced or got so het up about it they probably wouldn't have been able to spell their own name if the examiner asked! lol

Oh and don't crash, that tends to make you fail.

Not wishing to put a black cloud over you, but they do say most people who pass have their test in the first half of the month. Everyone I know, bar the odd one, who failed had a test in the later half of the month, and those who pass have an early test... could just be coincidence though!

Alex.
13-11-06, 11:49 AM
Mine's next month. My driving instructor told me to book it early so I can get it over and done with. lol...so it's at 8:40 in the morning!!
My friends have given me a few hints...
1. Put a plaster somewhere on your hand so that it'll remind you to look in your blind spots when doing manouvers.
2. DON'T let the examiner see that you're looking at his sheet as that'll be an instant minor.
3. Like said act mature. Even if you're not, get lessons or something.

And the same things that I remembered in my theory...
People will always have right of way, so you have to stop for them.
Lorries & buses are always in the right purely because they're bigger then you. lol
And everyone else on the road is an idiot. lol

Good Luck though.