PDA

View Full Version : stuck in reverse

dan23
10-11-06, 03:51 PM
was going to fit my cav shifter in the nova rolled car out of garage put it in reverse so it could be driven up drive back in to garage .
jacked it up undo the bolts that hold the cover plate on the transmission tunnel underneath the car the gear lever dropped down a few inch when the plate was removed .i thought i would be able to pull the gear lever up by hand to its normal position an select gears (reverse to get it back in garage an neutral to roll it out )
but it wont select an gears when i try to do it , can i select gears by moving the gear selector linkage under the bonnet some how when i have removed the shifter completely ?:cry:

Lee
10-11-06, 04:30 PM
Yep, if you look closely at the access panel next to the selector, there should be a small diagram telling you where the gears are.

dan23
10-11-06, 09:13 PM
so can just undo the pinch bolt on the gear seletor remove the rod an change gear using the selector on the gear box will it still work this way way without using clutch as i cant press clutch an be under bonnet at same time

Adam
10-11-06, 09:22 PM
Yep it will work.
Just put the selector in the middle position.

If its in reverse just push the selector towards the front of the car, and that should then be neutral.

SRI crazy
18-11-06, 09:10 PM
put it in gear when the car is not running an then jus get in an depress the clutch and start it an then ul b able to work the clutch as normal