PDA

View Full Version : gte amplifier and coil

chimp007_uk
09-11-06, 04:29 PM
where to begin...
after fitting my new exhaust i thought i'd get the car tuned, so took it to a local tuning place in swansea. the guy started buy voltage checking the coil and noticed that the polarity was round the wrong way, ie. wired up back to front. so he changed it round and the car was running for 10sec then just konked out...:confused:

there was no voltage from the coil, so swapped it back to the original back to front way and still nothing.

guy said i need to buy a new coil and amplifier and said that, that was what was causing the car to run bad in the first place.

he told me to leave the car outside and come back once it was sorted...:mad: :eek:

got a lift off a mate and went to gmf to get the parts, bought and amplifier and got back to the car to fit it and it doesn't have the live feed coming out of it for the coil... rang gmf and they cant find any amplifiers for nova's with this wire...:cry: :confused: going to have to get the aa to tow my car home...

help me please!! car has standard ignition loom so can't understand.

will upload a pic of coil and amplifier.

craig green
09-11-06, 04:31 PM
how bad was it before you took it in? Sounds as though he touched it & cursed it.

chimp007_uk
09-11-06, 04:31 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/chimp007_uk/amplifier.jpg

chimp007_uk
09-11-06, 04:32 PM
it was running ok... but would die at lights etc

chimp007_uk
09-11-06, 06:48 PM
right, resorted to calling the AA, came out really quick, and towed me home. guy recons the dizzy is dead...

anyone got a spare dizzy?

Adam
09-11-06, 07:32 PM
Lol, if the coil was sparking/working then it was probably wired up fine in the first place.

Are you getting a spark now?