PDA

View Full Version : MOTs

Jack
09-11-06, 01:39 PM
Just found this (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1126540795,61463,) on the Money Saving Expert site. It lists all the council MOT test stations which the local authorities use to annually MOT all their vehicles - buses, ambulances etc. So? Well council MOT stations have to also be open the public. However, they're not repair centres, so unlike your average garage they're not interested in failing a car on something false or trivial purely to make money out of a massive repair bill.

Has anybody used the council test centres before? Seems like a plan...

craig green
09-11-06, 01:46 PM
Worth knowing... on the flipside they may cost you more if some small jobs cant be incorporated.

Matt2107
09-11-06, 01:49 PM
Interesting read about the half cost re-test.

Good find all round Jack.

craig green
09-11-06, 01:51 PM
Theres nowhere listed for Somerset (or Sedgemoor)

DI4BLO
09-11-06, 02:09 PM
My ex's old man works for the council, used their service centre for my mots, very fair but also very strict even though they knew it was a mate. got a big reputation to uphold and very thorough, but as said wont make stuff up

Jack
09-11-06, 03:08 PM
Theres nowhere listed for Somerset (or Sedgemoor)
Bristol's the closest for us (or maybe the Dorset one for me), I'm assuming we could use that. Might get in touch with the council and see if there's one a little closer to home, I'd assume it would possibly in Taunton or Yeovil.

Lucky Luke!
09-11-06, 07:19 PM
Well the council one here broke my hazard switch and failed to spot that both the front flexi hoses were split!