PDA

View Full Version : My bucket seats

wings
09-11-06, 10:26 AM
Hi,

Iv got a pair of cobra seats and tilted subframes for frount. I also bought 4point harness. Whats the best way to put the belts in so people in back of still comphy.

thanks

Chris
09-11-06, 10:37 AM
normal seats belts is the only way i'm afraid.

Having harnesses in there will only get in the way

wings
09-11-06, 10:56 AM
my mates got his bolted to the bottom of the back seats if you get me. Cant i have them come through the seat then stright down into the floor?

H15 NVA
09-11-06, 11:00 AM
bit awkward that one chap, my mates got some funky device in his skyline where the harnesses bolt to the back of the front seat!! but had to buy special mount n shortened harnesses, quite expensive but looks the tits. also his seats are carbon kevlar

craig green
09-11-06, 11:04 AM
The harnesses must go backwards to the rear at an angle graeter than 45degrees to the seat backs, this is to avoid snapping the seats in event of an impact & thus the belts not being effective.

Think you can get inertia reels for harnesses too, to make them practical.

DI4BLO
09-11-06, 11:09 AM
Harnesses in a nova = no rear seat especially 4point, mainly as they get in the way, also the fact that with buckets even some rcliners you cant physically get in the back!

As craig says need the rear strap to be as level as possible, if you bolt it to the floor behind the seat you'd be better off not wearing them

wings
09-11-06, 11:11 AM
hmmmmmmm once me seats are in ill try find something. Wer he get them from for his skyline? Its getting done for a local audio shop so need it to look the part.

H15 NVA
09-11-06, 11:15 AM
not sure but know he paid a lot!! think he got the idea from the redline mags project skyline. possibly cobra seats n harnesses. schroth sell the inertia harness, i think thats how its spelt.

dan23
09-11-06, 11:19 AM
what about if you use 3 point harness an bolt it,to rear seat belt mounting bolt near the parcel shelf would that work ?

DI4BLO
09-11-06, 11:40 AM
what about if you use 3 point harness an bolt it,to rear seat belt mounting bolt near the parcel shelf would that work ?

it would but still no passenger rrom, as the belts would cut their throat.

TBH, in something as small as a nova you'll stuggle to use the back seats with after market buckets let alone harnesses, you can but safety is seriously jepordised and insurance companies would question it and probably not pay out.

LEWI007
09-11-06, 11:57 AM
just take out the rear seats and bolt the harness to the floor it will look realy good